'Courtroom dog' helps young rape victim testify

Removed #5

Very interesting story! Some years ago, the pastor of my church at the time (and his wife) had Bible studies in their home. They invited me to bring Shad along with me when I attended, so I often did. It was interesting, because while he would lay quietly out of the way, if someone was talking about a personal problem and was upset, he would inevitably get up, go over to them, and very quietly and gently offer himself for petting! Generally, he only did this with people who would welcome the attention from him (from a dog), as well, which I found quite interesting, as well...

what a great idea ... it must be nerve-racking to be in court, but to have to testify to something like that, it must be a great help to have that comfort there.

I love this bit "Both prosecutors and defense lawyers have described her as adorable, though she has been known to slobber."