16 Days and happy

Marc

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a member here since Dec. 2008, I've always wanted to somehow attend camp in the UK. Still saving for it and someday, I will get to share in the 'prim and proper' fun you have at your meets....

When @Marc and @Sarah challenged the US members to begin having their own camps, I knew that I could count on @sutsibe to help get it off the ground. We'll have a small camp, as compared to what you have there. At this point, if I remember correctly - there will be 12 humans and 9 or 10 huskies (or something along those lines). My OH is positive that I'm crazy and no one will show so please, please, please US members - prove him wrong!

We have a few activities planned and as soon as I can find five minutes that I'm not working, I'll get the itinerary up. We're going with a fairly non-structured meet as the more activities there are, the less time Gi and I will have to spend with our husky friends. At this point, we'll be sending a few hand-picked huskies to the local care center for a visit. (US members coming, please don't be upset if your husky isn't chosen to go - there are specific things that we'll be looking for as the older residents are quite picky about the animals that visit.) We'll also be holding a candle ceremony for those canines who are waiting at the bridge for us - I thought about it for a long time and wanted somehow to 'thank' those huskies that first brought us to the wonderful world of being owned by a husky, to be remembered. Of course there will be meals, husky/human games, campfires and lots of beverage consumption!

As far as being prim and proper, I'm sure there will be moments! LOL But I for one, shall do my best to live up to the fun depicted in pics from the UK meets! :click:And yes, there will be many pics (I'm taking three cameras myself!)

For those of you coming, I'll be on site beginning Thursday evening.

To Sarah and Marc, thank you for a great site, great friends and great family and the opportunity to expand on what my precious Bo taught me and share what he taught me with others; but more so for the friendships I have made here and for not allowing me to be "husky-less" and giving me the courage I needed to bring Omryn home........that girl is the sh*ts!

And, btw - for the second annual Iowa meet (planned for Sept. 2012) it is required that Sarah (and Marc) come if at all possible!:plane:

I cannot believe that it's just over two weeks away.........Iowa will never be the same!:facepalm:

You guys just have a blast. :up:

One thing I've found meeting other members for the first time at meets and camps is that

you ALREADY have a bond, the Forum and your pooches are a conduit that has created an already existing

friendship. You meet for the first time physically, the people you've been talking to, swapping advice and stories with

perhaps for years. You shake hands / hug. . .get loads of Husky cuddles and kisses and suddenly it's like

you're all old friends meeting up again.

There is almost none of that "Out of your comfort zone" that you tend to get meeting new people for the first time.

You feel comfortable with these new/old friends. You start chatting, and before you know it. . . you're all relaxed and

it's great.

Enjoy your Camp.

Even if you don't get half the stuff done on your itinerary.

Doesn't matter you'll still have a brilliant time.

:wave1:

I just KNOW you're going to have a ball at camp, even if you've never "met" face to face, the minute you step out of the car & another husky is there, you are at home & everyone is a long-lost friend already!!

Really looking forward to seeing all the pics & antics you're going to get up to :D

There should be a canada one :D cuz im so far away :( mebbe ill make it to an iowa one, one day

Ain't NOTHING stopping you from having a Husky-Owners Canada camp/meet. :up:

Ain't NOTHING stopping you from having a Husky-Owners Canada camp/meet. :up:

Yeh, there'r like 15 of you up there on the map, and it's not like it's a big country or anything, it's only about 3800 miles coast to coast. You just hook up the Huskies and get into civilization and rent a car to go the rest of the way .....

And one of the mods needs to update the heading on this thread as well s the banner at the top of the forum page, it was 16 days - yesterday

Being a member here since Dec. 2008, I've always wanted to somehow attend camp in the UK. Still saving for it and someday, I will get to share in the 'prim and proper' fun you have at your meets....

When @Marc and @Sarah challenged the US members to begin having their own camps, I knew that I could count on @sutsibe to help get it off the ground. We'll have a small camp, as compared to what you have there. At this point, if I remember correctly - there will be 12 humans and 9 or 10 huskies (or something along those lines). My OH is positive that I'm crazy and no one will show so please, please, please US members - prove him wrong!

We have a few activities planned and as soon as I can find five minutes that I'm not working, I'll get the itinerary up. We're going with a fairly non-structured meet as the more activities there are, the less time Gi and I will have to spend with our husky friends. At this point, we'll be sending a few hand-picked huskies to the local care center for a visit. (US members coming, please don't be upset if your husky isn't chosen to go - there are specific things that we'll be looking for as the older residents are quite picky about the animals that visit.) We'll also be holding a candle ceremony for those canines who are waiting at the bridge for us - I thought about it for a long time and wanted somehow to 'thank' those huskies that first brought us to the wonderful world of being owned by a husky, to be remembered. Of course there will be meals, husky/human games, campfires and lots of beverage consumption!

As far as being prim and proper, I'm sure there will be moments! LOL But I for one, shall do my best to live up to the fun depicted in pics from the UK meets! :click:And yes, there will be many pics (I'm taking three cameras myself!)

For those of you coming, I'll be on site beginning Thursday evening.

To Sarah and Marc, thank you for a great site, great friends and great family and the opportunity to expand on what my precious Bo taught me and share what he taught me with others; but more so for the friendships I have made here and for not allowing me to be "husky-less" and giving me the courage I needed to bring Omryn home........that girl is the sh*ts!

And, btw - for the second annual Iowa meet (planned for Sept. 2012) it is required that Sarah (and Marc) come if at all possible!:plane:

I cannot believe that it's just over two weeks away.........Iowa will never be the same!:facepalm:

We'll do our part to prove 'im wrong-we'll BE THERE!! :woohoo::camping:

Sally and I have made two great friends through this forum, Becky and Gigi. Since we all live in Iowa, just a few hours away, we've been able to get together a few times over the last year, meeting at Gigi's place last summer, where we also met Shad and got a first look at Ryn when she was a very cute puppy, up in Dubuque, Iowa, this spring, and earlier this summer, in Amana, Iowa. I am so excited about meeting other members and developing new friendships in Ackley, Iowa. I think this first camp is going to be a blast for those who attend, and for the Huskies. I can't wait to see everyone and everyone's Huskies. Photos are great, but seeing the dogs in person (or would that be "in dog") will top any photo.

what is it just a bunch of peeps with huskies camping ? I could do that :D

So sort it out like these guys have on here :)

You need...

Date & length of time camping ( sort it for half a year away or more I think its best that way )

Place have a look on the members map see where most are :)

Good luck if you decide to do it :)

Once upon a time Sarah my wife had a thought about something that she thought would be a good idea.

I was spending a lot of time building a gaming forum online and it was driving her nuts due to the time I was spending online, just sat at my computer typing away, occasionally chuckling to myself and enjoying myself on a forum which was built around people who had similar hobbies. It has been something that I have enjoyed for years, and something I wasnt willing to give up for the world.

Sarah wanted in on the action, and I relutantly built her a forum that would never work, she would never be interested in, and would last 2 mins in reality. That forum was called husky owners.

The reality is that my wife and I actually enjoyed the same things. Forums!! Even though we hadnt quite found the right forum for ourselves, or even realised that we both had that same idea, husky owners was born. One night I set up a basic forum built on a licence I had aquired from some forum lost since gone and I thought I would use for "Something or other" at some point.

So a few days go by. My dad (Dunc) joins the forum and is made one of our first super moderators on the forum. A couple of moderators long since gone from the forum came and went and we were good to go. One of our other very early staff however being Amy (Siberian Wolf) who although has been very very quiet of late due to commitments at home is another very big part of this forums building.

So enough with the history lesson, I just want to say both me and Sarah are really happy about something. Earlier this year I posted up to get some meets around other parts of the globe due to the size we have now got to. In 16 days time I am happy to say that we have our very first camp (VERY much thankyou to Gigi and Becky (Sutsibe and Austinville) ) .

TO ALL OUR USA MEMBERS:

We started this in the UK, and when we started we had a similar amount of people on the camp. You very first camp in the US is your IOWA camp. Cherish it and visit as many as you can. We now have a LOT of member at the UK camps due to keeping it going each year and I have to say we really really enjoy them.

Congrats on your first camp guys. Enjoy it.

I sure wish I could make the 1,200 miles to Iowa for the meet but alas, no chance. I'll be there in spirit though.

And your lesson is, never try to distract your wife with some shiny new toy thinking she'll leave you be! ;) Glad you two started this place, it's great.