Potty training regression

All,

My husky, Paisley, is 10 months old and has been great with her training and behavior so far. She has been able to handle herself in the house alone during the day without incident for the past few months and has made great strides in maturity. I know she is still young but all of the sudden she has made a huge regression in her potty training. She goes in the house every time we leave now. She still never goes the bathroom while we are in the house...just when we leave. It's frustrating after she has come so far.

Im curious if anyone has dealt with this and what your suggestions are for change? We haven't changed her schedule or moved her out of her element or anything. It was just a random change in behavior.

Any suggestions are appreciated :)

Cheers

the only thing i can think of is an attention thing

you are going out and leaving her and she is showing you she is not happy about it!

my mum went through similar with her dog and even had her checked at the vet

there was nothing wrong with her she was just doing it simply out of badness!

mine is 14 months and he did the same only when i left him, had to set up a whole routine with him when we left him on his own.

1st step was when he saw us get ready to go out he would get excited so after we were ready we would sit down and relax, waited until he sat still before getting up again (we would have to repeat this a few times until he just sat still when we got up)

2nd step give him something to keep him occupied (raw hide chew, or my fav bully sticks)

3rd step was to wait until he was fully relaxed before opening the door, waiting until he relaxes again before going through the door, waiting until he relaxes before closing the door half way (listen out for him, for any whinning, in jacks case howling) once settled closed the door.

this took alot of hard work and alot of patience and alot if ignoring his behaviour

also made him go out before we planned to get ready that way we knew he was "empty"

good luck

Great advice so far! Thanks. She is crate trained very well actually which is why I'm kind of baffled by her sudden change in behavior. I will say she is very attached to us and seems upset when we leave but then again she has always been like that and it has never been a problem. I'm guessing we'll just have to go back to potty training basics which is no fun but hopefully it'll work. If anyone has more suggestions keep them coming!

if shes showing signs of being stressed before u leave u need to wait until she calmed down, also shes growing up and knows that showing you shes upset hasnt stopped you from staying so shes resorting to messing herself. what u need to do when u return is to ignore her until she calms down, show her that her over excitable behaviour is not getting your attention. also if she does mess inside do not get angry as she doesnt understand what she did wrong all she sees is that u r angry when theres mess on the floor. she will not be able to associate that she did the mess thats y ur angry

Great advice so far! Thanks. She is crate trained very well actually which is why I'm kind of baffled by her sudden change in behavior. I will say she is very attached to us and seems upset when we leave but then again she has always been like that and it has never been a problem. I'm guessing we'll just have to go back to potty training basics which is no fun but hopefully it'll work. If anyone has more suggestions keep them coming!