Brit Care Dog Food

Lika

Ummm, 2/6 stars....

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php/product/2348

Apparently it's made in the Czech republic so I'm not sure what's so "Brit" about it, but I do remember seeing it in a pet store in Singapore so I suppose it's popular enough to get around.

I wouldn't normally trust pet stores, I've been caught out in the past by going in there un-informed and the salesperson spotting me and pushing their least popular products on me....their job is to sell the merchandise, and that presents a conflict of interest. They may work there coz they're pet lovers or it might be a part-time job and not really care what they sell you, so you can't be too careful.

Calin makes a good point. I would take any suggestion from a pet store employee, that pertains to what food is good for dogs, with a grain of salt.

A look at the ingredients, one thing that is a filler is in red. It's actually fairly high up on the list as well. This food is also fairly high in fat at 20%. There are better foods available.

Lamb Meat Meal, Poultry Meat Meal, Ground Rice, Poultry Fat (preserved with tocopherols), Salmon Oil, Natural Flavors, Rice Bran, Dried Beet Pulp, Brewer´s Yeast, Dried Egg Product, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Apples, Minerals, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, DL-methionine, L-lysine, Mannan-oligosaccharides, Fructo-oligosaccharides, Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Choline-Chloride, Biotin, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E.

Analysis

Protein 31 %

Fat 20 %

Moisture 10 %

Ash 7,8 %

Fibre 2 %

Calcium 1,8 %

Phosphorus 1,2 %

Vitamin A 20000 m.j. /kg

Vitamin D3 1500 m.j. /kg

Vitamin E 500 mg/kg

Aha i see

The thing is that i want to switch Skys food he is eatring Pro Plan chicken and latly he became alergic to it (alergic to any kind of chicken ) the vet told me to switch to a hypo-allergenic food so i'm looking for a new kind of food for Sky.

I know that pet store for years and always buy there dog food even with my other dog (r.i.p) even the seller is the same seller for almost 15 years :P

Anyway any suggestions on hypo-allergenic food ?

thakns alot for the help !

Cheers

:D

I am currently changing my Sibe's diet as his poos are never solid and at the moment feeding him boiled chicken and rice to give him a bit of a clean out and try to get his stomach sorted before I change his kibble. I had asked @Sid_Wolf for advice as she seems to know a lot about feeding and I cannot afford the brands I would really like to try such as Orijen and TOTW. Skinners field and trial was recommended and I wneto on their website on sunday and on Tuesday received three sample packs to try. They do two hypoallergenic foods that have no chicken in (salmon and rice and duck and rice) so it may be worth getting the free samples to try. Let me know how you get on as I am currently in the same position as you. :)

Thanks Abbie !

I'll read more on line and ask the pet store for sample packs. Hope that my lil prince will eat one of those ;) and thanks for the link, i saw that they recommended on Natural Balance we tried it couple of months ago and he liked it so maybe i should go back to it.

Calin makes a good point. I would take any suggestion from a pet store employee, that pertains to what food is good for dogs, with a grain of salt.

would normally agree , but the other day at pet city one of the till ppl asked what we fed the boys and we said wainrights and he said thankgod, if you had said pedigree or bakers id have had to lecture you lol