angry! no wonder these dogs have such a bad name!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

staffs are VERY common here, though im lucky enough to have only met really friendly staffs, very people friendly and dog friendly to, iv had a couple that have told Kita they do not want to play, nothing horrible though :)

I've talked to quite a few pit bull owners but have never met anyone with a pit bull on the street or in the park. Honestly my guard goes up when someone says they have a pit bull. I can't help but wonder what kind of owner they are and hope they aren't using them for fighting. There sadly are people in near by cities that do raise fighting pit bulls :(

Guest Hollow

Googling a dog's name in image search says an awful lot.

Not for the faint of heart - Pitbull - Shows your normal puppy pics, cute pics etc. Then shows a bunch of dogs showing extreme agression and even shows a picture of a dead one with the "winner" still biting it and various other horrible pictures too

German Shepherd - Shows puppies, show and working dogs.

Collie - As above

Labrador - As above.

not 1 of the first threads i should have read in the morning @Hollow - you really need to come and visit coventry - ill take you outside the local pub for you to meet loads of staffies - n a huge white boxer whos always offlead - n then ill show you the 2 offlead rotties - and the offlead staff that lives a few streets down - but we will avoid the labs apart from 2 that i know of round here that are nice - the point is - not all staffies are bad - i know loads of 'types' round here who have a staffy - n then theres the 'normal lind' of woman owner who lets her dogs offlead and charge at other dogs when they quiet clearly dont want to play - theres also 2 shar-peis in my area - 1 is friendly 1 isnt - they only let the friendly 1 offlead - again the people i see walking it are the younger male owner who walks around with him mates looking hard - but hes responsible! which is why i belive it is always owner not dog and am a strong beliver in deed not breed

I live next to the gentlest Saffie, comes in our garden humps Milo, Milo humps him back they play well together even Akira plays rough with him, however the neigbours to the right of Bruno had the 5 foot fence taken down and a 7 foot solid timber fence put up to protect there children such is the reputation of the breed.

Bruno often gets loose he's quick out of the front door and does chase our cats otherwise when walked he is on a full body harness and is muzzled even tho he is soft.

I have seen more aggressive small dogs then big dogs. My aunt had a pit bull and he was amazing with us when we were kids he wouldnt let ANYONE into the yard mind you but he was always gentle. My ex best friend had a pitbull cross and she never hurt anybody :/ When I was about 11 we adopted a cocker spaniel from the local shelter and it bit me in the face so :P I think it all depends on the owner any dog can potentially be dangerous because they are animals.

Googling a dog's name in image search says an awful lot.

Not for the faint of heart - Pitbull - Shows your normal puppy pics, cute pics etc. Then shows a bunch of dogs showing extreme agression and even shows a picture of a dead one with the "winner" still biting it and various other horrible pictures too

German Shepherd - Shows puppies, show and working dogs.

Collie - As above

Labrador - As above.

The media is bias against pit bulls so googling pictures in my opinion is not an accurate way to depict a dog's temperament of any breed. Media wants to keep portraying the image of the big bad pit bull to keep fear in the masses. (Don't get me started on this lol). Most people and the media especially can't even accurately identify a pit bull. In fact pit bull isn't a breed of dog it is a type of dog. An umbrella term to group many breeds including, American Pit Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers, Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Bullies and sometimes even American Bulldogs. There have been numerous reports of a "pit bull" attack when the dog in question is another breed entirely or simply a mutt. There was a news story once of a "pit bull" that had attacked and when they showed the dog it was a Rottweiler.