9th Photoshop Challenge

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's GIMP. It's a free (and open source) photo editing program, just like the commercial Photoshop program. As with most of these programs you'll need to get some time getting used to the the interface but there are lots of good tutorials out there for GIMP. Note that in this video most of the buttons and gadgets where on my other screen outside of the recorded video.

GIMP can be downloaded and used for free :)http://www.gimp.org/

So i've just spent 30 mins trying to use GIMP, I'm sucking horribly, i read the seperating image from background, that aint working for the picture i need to get out for shiz, what tool did you use Jos?

So i've just spent 30 mins trying to use GIMP, I'm sucking horribly, i read the seperating image from background, that aint working for the picture i need to get out for shiz, what tool did you use Jos?

to remove an image from its background what i do is, Zoom in and use a soft rounded rubber to go around the outside of the part you want, then its easy enough to remove the rest with the cut tool :)

What Sparks says is a good suggestion as well. I used a second black/white layer in which I can determine the transparency of the image. So instead of removing parts of the image, I just made them transparent. It's good if you have to fix something later one and have to bring part of the image back. You can see the layer briefly in my video when cutting out Diesel.

Again, what Sparks says would work as well. Would be the easiest in most cases.

Hotel for dogs - Husky Edition!!

[ATTACH=full]18037[/ATTACH]

LMAO . . . . Tooooooo many huskies LOL :)

Jos inspired me to have a go at recording my process.

So here's a vid of how I did the Batman image.

Warning it's 12 mins long (I didn't speed it up like Jos)

However you'll see that it ONLY takes 12 minutes to create this image. :jawdrop:

Dvgwn0UxnqQ

Jos inspired me to have a go at recording my process.

So here's a vid of how I did the Batman image.

Warning it's 12 mins long (I didn't speed it up like Jos)

However you'll see that it ONLY takes 12 minutes to create this image. :jawdrop:

Dvgwn0UxnqQ

that was amazing Andy thankyou, hopefully by watching that I can improve my entries!!!

that was amazing Andy thankyou, hopefully by watching that I can improve my entries!!!

If there is anything in there, where you don't understand what I'm doing.

Or. . . why I'm doing something

Don't hesitate to ask. :)