Good bye, my Shadow

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much - all of you! I'm overwhelmed! :grouphug:

Gigi i'm so sorry to be reading this, knowing they are together playing without pain must bring some peace. Thinking of you hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RIP Shad an Roller run free xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, Linda - yes, it does give me some peace. He got so weak in the last week or so of his life, that I really hated seeing it - it's nice to believe he's running, now, and is well! :kimba2:

i am so so sorry Gigi

i know you have talked about Shad's health getting progressively worse over recent months

and whilst you think you are prepared for the inevitable it still pains so so much!

I think you chose a beautiful place for him to go to sleep with his Mum and Auntie Becky by his side.

i hope you can take comfort knowing he is at peace now

running free and enjoying his new life over the bridge.

God bless you sweetheart,no doubt you are feeling very lost without him at the moment.

I hope you can put his collar in your truck,and he will be with you wherever you go until you meet again.

Goodnight,godbless gorgeous boy:rainbowbridge:

Thanks, Tania - my livingroom is almost as empty as my heart! I am so glad that he's not in pain, anymore - it was so hard on his dignity to not be able to 'do' for himself! I had to carry him in and out for the last 2 weeks, and he took it well, trusting me so completely that I was amazed! I think it showed that he knew how much I loved him. My truck has so many memories of him in it, that I may not even need his collar hanging from the mirror!

So glad that Becky was able to be with you. I have to share, that the day we let Stormy go and got back to the house, I looked out the back door and swore that I saw her standing there, looking young and healthy, for just a moment, and then she was gone. Don't know if you have experienced that with any of yours, but I believe she still comes around from time to time to check on the boys...and I think she would approve. Shad will be waiting...I'm just sick over this...it was the loss of Stormy that brought me to the forum in the first place!

Thanks - I was pretty sure that Beck would want to say goodbye, too - it was almost as hard on her as it was on me! I frequently 'feel' his mom, in particular, near, and could have sworn last night I felt Shad's head come over my shoulder in a Husky hug as I drove down the road!

I bet hun, it made me cry I cant imagine what I will be when my boys get old x

I've found that as they get old, and you see them not able to do the things they used to, it starts preparing you for the inevitable. It's still hard, but when I look at my signature picture (Shad's the black dog leading, and Roller is the dog at wheel that can be seen between Shad and his brother, the other leader) and see them young again, it makes it just a little easier to let them go back to being so young and carefree... That said, the wisdom they acquire as oldsters is also quite precious!

Gigi, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post on this thread. I've just been having a hard time reading all the love that's been pouring out - it's hard typing through the tears.

I lost two within a year a while back and I still feel the stupid little spaniel around, sorry; know that they're at the foot of the bridge waiting patiently (( a husky patient? )) for the day that momma comes to join them all again.

all my love //al

Thank you, @Sqwidge and @Franklin Phil - your support really means a lot to me!

@Charley it's difficult, but it will get easier each day. Today was tough - I went shopping and thought of getting him a toy - guess not! When I leave the house or come home are also difficult - my habit has been to call out to him to let him know I'm leaving or home...

Thanks, also, @Vlad - that's lovely!

Gigi, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post on this thread. I've just been having a hard time reading all the love that's been pouring out - it's hard typing through the tears.

I lost two within a year a while back and I still feel the stupid little spaniel around, sorry; know that they're at the foot of the bridge waiting patiently (( a husky patient? )) for the day that momma comes to join them all again.

all my love //al

Al, don't worry about it - I've had the same problem! Up until about 9 months ago, Shad went everywhere with me, as long as it was cool enough. Both last night and today, I kind of felt like there was a head come over my shoulder, giving me a husky hug!

Just thought I'd check in an see how you are doing Gigi-

I know how hard it is, but anything I can say would all seem "cliché"

Was thinking about you today and talking with my wife about how when we put our dog Digit down last November, and felt like I was seeing her in all the places she would normally be. Almost like her ghost, but in my mind.

Your in our thoughts. I know it'll take time. oops , there go the clichés-

Anyway- Hang in there Gigi-

Were thinking about you.

I'll give you some good news with a Sakari update - I know it's been a while, so it's due.

Thanks, George... It was another rough day - especially leaving or coming, as my routine was to check in with him each time I'd come or go - "Be back in a little while, Bud" or "Hey, Shad, I'm home!" I'd also have to hurry home, knowing he was waiting - now, knowing he wasn't... I'll get used to it - and cliches are cliches for a reason - there's usually a lot of truth to them! Shad's son Tux is in with me, and he's a comfort. I think he's missing the old man to - well, other than that HE now gets the good bed and ALL the toys!

Looking forward to the Sakari update! @Roxy1

Sorry for your loss, Gigi :grouphug:

Saw this poem just two days back and I think that's what Shad will be saying to you -

Mummy, please don't mourn for me

I'm still here, though you cannot see.

I'm right by your side each night and day

and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.

I'm everything you feel, see or hear.

My spirit is free, but I'll never depart

as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-

I'm the brightest star on a summer night.

I'll never be beyond your reach-

I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around

and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.

I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,

The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,

The first warm raindrop that August will bring.

I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,

and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,

you can talk to me through the Lord above you.

I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,

and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep

and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.

I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.

Just look for me, mum, I'm at every place!

:rip: Run free, Shad

A tribute to Sutula's Shadow Dancer; owned by @sutsibe

I looked up to the clear blue sky

Trying my best not to cry

While watching a vague rainbow that is shy

And sending flower petals to fly

I smiled to the seven colors of Heaven

It told me: “he’s gone but not forgottenâ€Â

And now when I have to hang on the edge

I knew I’ll be fine even if life send me a typhoon

Because I can see you smiling from The Rainbow Bridge

Your eyes as if saying: “I will see you soonâ€Â

Rest in peace, sleep under the stars of our memory

Let my love and prayers form a melody

Let the song sings how my life without you won’t be as lovely

Thanks for being a part of my life, honey

Now run free and make yourself happy

R.I.P Shad

:rainbowbridge:

Again, Gi, you know how much Shad meant to me.......I will miss him terribly. And again, I thank you for allowing me to be there as he passed.

The husky world lost a great communicator in Shadow. I'm so thankful that his granddaughter, Omryn, is learning to be a good communicator as well. She has had a wonderful teacher in Shad.......he taught her much in the past year.

Shad was the most dignified soul I've known. Though never too dignified to accept and give his love (or to allow some sappy Aunt to give him hugs and kisses though he'd much rather have had just rubs and pets from her!)

I know that by now, he's updated my Bo on what's been going on here and they've had a good "woo" over the silly things that Ryn has gotten me into.

Wait patiently Shadow, your mum will come when time permits. Meanwhile, our hearts break..........mending ever so slowly as the good memories you (and Roller ----- and of course, Bo) left us.

:cry1:

@mydiamond - that's lovely! Did you write it yourself? Thank you so much!

@Austinville - Thanks, Beck! I suspect that Bo and Shad are getting along quite well! I will forever miss his communication skills - he was a once in a lifetime, in that regards, I suspect! I'll particularly miss his 'comments' to himself as he was thinking... "Hmmm hhmmmm hhhmmmm!"