Good bye, my Shadow

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, @Anne @Boshka @26nikita @Staceybob - it's appreciated!

So sorry to hear this news

:rip: Shadow

Run free over the bridge until you meet your human mummy again.

Gigi I hope you can take comfort in the 14 years of happy memories you have of your handsome Shadow

Thanks, Lee - I do take comfort in those memories... I miss him terribly, but that's because he did give me so very many wonderful memories - he was my handsome guy, and I was HIS human!

Gigi,

WOW, sorry I've been away from the forum all day I didn't realise you'd lost both. OMG sooooooo

sorry. You're in our hearts and prayers. :cry1:

Thanks, Andy - not to worry! Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated! Shad had really gone down hill over the last few days/the week, and was, I think, starting to experience some pain. Roller got a reprieve when spring came - he was so terribly thin after winter that I almost let him go then! So he's had an extra 4 months he almost didn't! He has been getting progressively weaker, and wasn't eating particularly well, so - I chose to let them go at the same time. They'll be cremated together.

Oh Gigi, my heart goes out to you. I remember last summer, how majestic Shad was, how gentle, and yet he commanded respect. Not by being aggressive, but by being so confident and sure. I am so sorry, for your loss of both Shad and Roller. May they run free together. Zoya and Eisa send Husky Hugs.

Thanks Dave - he was quite the guy! Thanks also for the husky hugs!

Thank you, @RoseWillow&Dexter @James - I will miss them, but Shad in particular, terribly, but there are a lot of good memories to keep me going... and the rest of the pack will help, too!

Sounds like you had that special Bond with Shad Gigi :), just keep remembering all the wonderful times you spent together :) and know that you will share those times again one day.

R.I.P Shad

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow;

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain;

I am the gentle Autumn’s rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush.

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft star that shines at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there;

I did not die.

Gigi...words cannot express the sorrow I feel as I read this. :cry1: What a horrible day you've had. I cannot even imagine what it would be like to lose 2 of your best friends in one day. I feel so very fortunate that Dave & I got to meet Shad last year. He made such an impression on us with his quiet dignity. I remember how he stood quietly as our "excitable" Zoya sniffed noses and circled around him. When he'd had enough of her, he nonchalantly walked away to check out something in the yard. Be comforted by knowing that both boys are in a better place now. Free of pain and pulling to their heart's content. :grouphug:

Oh Gigi...there's few words to express how I feel...I'm so sorry for your loss, but as I've said before, you have my thoughts and supports in whatever decision you had to make. It's never easy, but the ultimate act of love to our furbabies. The card I'd sent you with the books was with Shad in mind, that our dogs teach us to love like it's our job...because it is. I have it on my refrigerator as I bought it last year for Jeff when we lost our Stormy girl. Time will heal, you will never forget, and thank goodness you have the others to cry in their necks. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet him, but my thought is he's at the special place for Huskies at the bridge meeting my stormy girl...Roller too! Love...and hugs, and sloppy husky kisses...:angel::angel:

@Kirbysowner thank you so much for bringing that poem to my attention - I've seen it before, but had forgotten it - and it's sooo appropriate for me, right now!

Sounds like you had that special Bond with Shad Gigi :), just keep remembering all the wonderful times you spent together :) and know that you will share those times again one day.

I have been blessed by having that kind of a bond with 3 dogs, so far, in my life (close to it with another) - Shad, his mother, Ari, and a half-brother, Jesse. Losing each of them has taken huge chunks from my heart when they've gone - but those chunks are tiny in comparison to what they've given me of their hearts!

:(

I'm so sorry Gigi - to lose one dog is enough...but two in the same day!?

*virtual hug*

Once again - thanks, Elyse! Losing two at the same time can be a little easier, in some ways. Roller and I had a good-enough working relationship, but he was more of a dog's dog than a people-dog. I didn't get him until he was well over a year old, and he was already fairly set in that pattern, so we didn't bond in the same way I bonded with Shad, whom I had from birth. You can only feel so much grief at any given time...

Gigi...words cannot express the sorrow I feel as I read this. :cry1: What a horrible day you've had. I cannot even imagine what it would be like to lose 2 of your best friends in one day. I feel so very fortunate that Dave & I got to meet Shad last year. He made such an impression on us with his quiet dignity. I remember how he stood quietly as our "excitable" Zoya sniffed noses and circled around him. When he'd had enough of her, he nonchalantly walked away to check out something in the yard. Be comforted by knowing that both boys are in a better place now. Free of pain and pulling to their heart's content. :grouphug:

Thank you, Sally - it's been a pretty rough day, but I've had enough to do to stay busy, and that's helped, as has the outpouring of support from everyone! I'm very glad you got to meet Shad, too - one of the joys of my life was sharing my wonderful guy with everyone I could! As I said above, Roller was a free-spirit, and preferred canine company to human, so while I will miss him, it's to a much lesser degree than for Shad. I know that they are playing in the snow in their silver harnesses, as I write!

i am so so sorry Gigi

i know you have talked about Shad's health getting progressively worse over recent months

and whilst you think you are prepared for the inevitable it still pains so so much!

I think you chose a beautiful place for him to go to sleep with his Mum and Auntie Becky by his side.

i hope you can take comfort knowing he is at peace now

running free and enjoying his new life over the bridge.

God bless you sweetheart,no doubt you are feeling very lost without him at the moment.

I hope you can put his collar in your truck,and he will be with you wherever you go until you meet again.

Goodnight,godbless gorgeous boy:rainbowbridge:

Really sorry for your lose gigi. Run free shad over rainbow bridge with roller and you can see your doggy mum until gigi see you again sweet boy. You will be truly missed by all who meet and heard all about you. XxxxX

So glad that Becky was able to be with you. I have to share, that the day we let Stormy go and got back to the house, I looked out the back door and swore that I saw her standing there, looking young and healthy, for just a moment, and then she was gone. Don't know if you have experienced that with any of yours, but I believe she still comes around from time to time to check on the boys...and I think she would approve. Shad will be waiting...I'm just sick over this...it was the loss of Stormy that brought me to the forum in the first place!