Good bye, Roller - old friend

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Ron, Cas and Anne. Yes, it was a rough day! My vet came out and we allowed them to each pass peacefully in the shade of a maple in my yard. Shad had gone downhill very recently the last week, and Roller wasn't doing very well, either, so I made the decision to allow them to go together. I could not afford two separate cremations, but both together was better within my ability...

Gigi, again, my thoughts and prayers today, are yours. May Roller run free.

Sorry again Gigi :(, Hugs once again! :)

He sounds like a character alright :) run free and be at peace Roller! :)

Thanks, James - he was indeed a character (actually, you kind of remind me of him - all that button-pushing!:P)! I have no doubt that he's running around teasing the rest of my pack up there!

Thanks, James - he was indeed a character (actually, you kind of remind me of him - all that button-pushing!:P)! I have no doubt that he's running around teasing the rest of my pack up there!

oh wow, I will most certainly take that as a compliment :) haha yeah I bet he is! and he will be LOVING it :D

Today, my old sledding buddy Roller walked over the Rainbow Bridge. He was a dog that always held himself somewhat aloof, and always had to have the last word - on anything! He almost didn't make it through last winter - I had to shut him inside the kennel, which he hated! He didn't mind coming into the house for a while, but much preferred to be outdoors, regardless of the weather. He would come in at mealtimes, soaking wet through and shivering from it, if I didn't make him stay in, he was so stubborn! I couldn't get enough calories in him to keep his weight up...

Rolly, I'll miss the wonderful times we had out sledding or at the occasional dog show. See you when I finally make it there!

Here's a picture I took of Roller today with his ice cream. I'll find another later and post it, as well.

Rollercoaster of the Midnight Sun - 26 October 1996 - 30 July 2011

[ATTACH=full]16409[/ATTACH]

I'm very sorry to hear this, Gigi. Nothing quite prepares you for it, even when their health is failing and you know whats going to happen, we just ignore and hope it will pass us by, just glad he had a wonderful, fun-filled life with you for all those years-our hearts go out for you and Rollercoaster of the Midnight Sun, may he frolick furever in the lands beyond the rainbow bridge

--FAREWELL--

I run my fingers through your back

While my memory tracked the traces of the past

And I gather pieces by pieces

Of our priceless moments together

Slowly, silently

While I send you to your peaceful sleep

I watch as your ocean-blue eyes loses its shine

Slowly, the world covered those gems from me forever

It hurts, it truly is

But I know that deep down inside I have faith in you

Even if I’m no longer standing by your side

I believe you are still the angel I know

It’s just all about distance

Now, my friend…

Let those legs of yours guide you to the rainbow bridge

Where you can reunite with those you have lost

Where all your pain stops

And where you can race with the chilly wind

Be happy, be in peace, my loving friend

If there is any last wish I would ask the angels to grant,

I only want them to tell you a thing:

“You’re only gone from this place, but not from my heartâ€Â

In loving memory of Gigi's beloved husky: Roller.

@sutsibe

i'm so sorry

how awful of me not to realise you have lost 2 friends today

what a really sad horrible day for you:cry1:

Shad's and Roller are now at peace running free from pain.

cherish the memories of all the years of unconditional love they have given you,and you them!

:rip: Shad's and Roller........look after each other xx