miley cyrus new puppy

she has an alaskan klee kai - saw it in a mag but thought it was a husky as it didnt say

cute pup but hope it doesnt spark an outbreak in little girls demanding them n getting into the wrong hands- or as they arent easy to come by - huskies

http://justjaredjr.buzznet.com/2011/07/16/miley-cyrus-floyd-take-flight/

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh no no no no no no no no no...

*gasps for air*

OOOOh no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no...

I'll cut the rest, but oh no!! this is horrible... The klee kai isn't even a healthy enough breed right now to make a decent, for everyone (who can handle their antics) pet! What the breed needs now more than anything is 1) Standards, it seems breeders all have their own agenda, and 2) PROPER AND CAREFUL BREEDING!! Which it will NOT get if it gets popular now...

Let alone the small brain 'cyrus worshipers that know nothing of dogs.... Either the breeders will be careful in who they give them too, or they will start turning them out like hot pockets...

I can see it now, "Klee Kai's are mean" or, "klee kai's don't listen!" or "klee kais are horrible dogs!" yatta yatta yatta... Just like with the pitbull...

I need to go take a deep breath, brb...

Trey.

I really do hope that this doesn't do what it will do...::sigh:: it is a cute puppy...but puppies turn into dogs...and dogs live longer than the latest fad that's cropped up...

:offtopic:

you know - there's something seriously wrong about painting your dog - but that DOES look cute!!

Totally off topic here...but that particular trend was started by an abandoned dog in Japan whose well here's the story:

You're all going to go aww... at the sight of little Columbo. Don't believe me? Here, this is Columbo:

Little Columbo is actually half poodle and half Maltese, dyed to look like a panda. But unlike 'fashion grooming' that I highlighted about in my last post, Little Columbo here was coloured for a different reason - to cover up stained fur. How does fur get stained? Well all dogs tear (there are reasons for it but I'll talk about that next time), but the smaller toy breeds like the Maltese, poodle and Shih Tzu more than others. So when a dog tears, you have to wipe it away for them or it will eat into the coat, stain, lead to eye infections and look quite horrible - the effects of staining are more prominent in lighter coat dogs and since little Columbo was a fully white one and he was an abandoned dog, he didn't have anyone to wipe his tears (literally) and the stains would have been hideous.

Little Columbo was adopted by Kensuke Hirakawa, given a new home, a new family and a new look (that served more as reconstructive surgery than fashion). He's very popular in his neighbourhood back in Japan and I think he deserves all the attention*. He's like a 'spokes-canine' for all his abandoned canine friends because his popularity helps create awareness about strays and how much they need a home.

Columbo says with each little trot, "Strays and mix-breeds can be breath-takingly beautiful too! We can make you the envy of the neighbourhood!"

Watch Columbo on the streets of his hometown Tokyo:

Note: Please remember that Colombo's owner coloured him to cover up the eye stains and effects on his coat left behind by the eye infection. It's not for fashion.

*FACT:

1. Columbo was rescued by his current owner from being put down.

2. He had endured abuse prior to his adoption

3. The abuse left him traumatized and therefore aggressive and loud (non-stop barking).

4. His hind leg had been broken before so it is stiff

5. He has NO canine teeth because its previous owners had extracted them to prevent him from biting.

6. He is not a pedigree, he is a mix of Poodle and Maltese.

7. He first turned panda in 2005

8. The dye lasts for about a month only before a touch up or rework is needed.

So...yes the dying for the dog that started the panda trend at least in Japan was to cover up tear stains from frequent eye infections so that people wouldn't look at the fur baby as a mongrel monster...rather so they would see the potential the current owner saw in him....

I find this both enjoyable and frightening! Someone had a really enlightened way to cover the eye problems *and* bring attention to the plight of abandoned dogs in one of the biggest and busiest cities in the world!

What the previous owner did to the dog is absolutely shameful.

A little extra reading, the dye used lasts about a month and is pet safe; his current owner (rescuer) is a beautician ...

LOL Nix!

And Brian :P Don't tell my achey, breaky heart that you're a fan? :D

Well, not really a Billy Ray fan but...well, lets put it this way. My daughter is 19. Hanna Montana was really popular about 5 years ago when she was about 14. therefore, I am quite familiar with the show. Eventually, I was willing to admit to myself, she's a pretty tallented kid. And Finally, NO, I don't own any of Miley's music. Actually I can only name one song and I am fond of that. PARTY IN THE USA

I'm just hoping and praying that she keeps this wee pup out of the press in future to stop these gorgeous (including huskies) falling into the wrong hands by becoming the next must have. She might be a responsble dog owner - I'm wishing.