Lifetime Lover & now First time Husky owner and new member

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Higher Blackley just up the road from Heaton Park

That'll be the posh bit, then?? ;)

Welcome to the mad house, Lee, would be great if you could make the Formby walk, if not, keep a watch here --->

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/forums/events-meetups.44/ for one being planned (or post your own up! ;) )

Hello and Welcome to the pack! Zeus is very handsome. Reminds me a bit of my boy Kuma. This forum is loads of fun, has tons of great info and personal experiences. There are quite a few meets but I'm unable to go since well I live in the US in Kentucky lol.

Hi there, yeh youre right he does resemble Kuma somewhat without the stripe down his nose.

That'll be the posh bit, then?? ;)

Welcome to the mad house, Lee, would be great if you could make the Formby walk, if not, keep a watch here --->

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/forums/events-meetups.44/ for one being planned (or post your own up! ;) )

Thanks Val, il certainly try my best, would be good to jump in at the deep end so to speak :D

Hi there, yeh youre right he does resemble Kuma somewhat without the stripe down his nose.

Yeah they have a very similar mask except my boy has the white blaze and very similar color. The resemblance is stronger if you see other pics of my boy lol. You know I though Kuma was an unusual looking husky till I joined this forum lol Now there are a few I've seen that look similar to my boy :wub: Kuma is still unusual looking for a husky in Kentucky though lol.

Again welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us :D

Here's some links to pic threads of Kuma if you wanna chack them out ;)

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/over-the-river-and-through-the-woods.24611/

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/kuma-bear.23409/

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/playtime.25695/

Hi Franklin, that sig picture of Adak looks a spit for Zeus :cool:

Adak is my Gallant. Kodo is my Goofus. Are you familiar with Goofus and Gallant in the UK? It's from a Childs magazine. It goes something like this:

Gallant waits patiently for the other dogs to get their food before he starts eating.

Goofus has half his meal scarfed down before the bowl hits the floor.

Hello and Welcome to the pack! Zeus is very handsome. Reminds me a bit of my boy Kuma. This forum is loads of fun, has tons of great info and personal experiences. There are quite a few meets but I'm unable to go since well I live in the US in Kentucky lol.

Hey, we could have a get together; you head west and I'll head east and we can meet in Dallas! << hm, didn' t think so! >>

Hello Husky lovers,

I have always loved and wanted a Husky....and now i have one. My gorgeous husky is called Zeus and is now approaching 8 month old in the first week of August. He is house trained and only ever relieves himself in the house if ive been out longer than expected. He doesnt chew up the furniture, however pretty much any loose object in his reach will become his to chew to pieces....i.e my phone, towels, socks, letters....well im sure youve all been there :).

Hes at an age now where we can literally have a conversation together he speaks to me that much and has a lot of energy requiring lots of excercise, therefore i would like to get together with like-minded people such as yourselves for 'meets' (realised i just missed the Heaton Park one which is 5 mins away from me :() and social events so that Zeus can get plenty of excercise we can both make new friends and pick up handy tips from people with hands on experience outside of the books.

Here are some pics since he was born, i have some more recent ones to upload too.

[ATTACH]16020[/ATTACH][ATTACH]16019[/ATTACH][ATTACH]16021[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]16016[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]16017[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]16015[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]16018[/ATTACH]

Thanks for reading.

Lee

:kimba2:

Hi Lee and Zeus~:welcome: to the pack and :thankyou: for sharing pics of your beautiful boy! His markings are similar to my Demon's. They are about the same age, as ours was born in Dec also. For sure we are experiencing very similar if not the same things as one another, they sure do like to transport and chew socks, slippers and whatever you forget to pick up out of their reach, which at his age is quite considerable! If there's any questions or just want to talk, your new Husky family is here-you'll have fun at the meets-a great bunch of people!!

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

just caught this thread and was wondering exactly like lee (your Zeus is beautiful lee!!) when Manchester pack meet up ? Nanook is coming on for 6 months now and i feel it would be important for him and me too meet some new friends xx

hiya and welcome to the pack :)

We had one in Blackpool today (just uploading the pics now) and there's a dog show on in Rochdale on Sunday 14th Aug i think Lee is coming too and maybe other members - it's not far from us so we'll be going so long as it's not raining lol

hi guys,

just caught this thread and was wondering exactly like lee (your Zeus is beautiful lee!!) when Manchester pack meet up ? Nanook is coming on for 6 months now and i feel it would be important for him and me too meet some new friends xx

Hey Natasha, Nanook is gorgeous. Il be meeting Sarah at the Rochdale meet with Zeus so hope to see you both there too.