Cudos Rigs

I have recently got in touch with a lady who races sibes in the harness who we nearly bought a pup from last year. I got back in touch with her to see if she could give me any tips on training my boys and also about what gear and equipment to get and she provided me with this site for good rigs and thought would hsrae it with you all :)

http://www.cudosrigs.co.uk/

Thanks, great site >> added to rep >> i have been training Alaska to turn on command, so far she knows:

gee

haw

hike

and

whoaaa

LOL she's pretty good, Baltz is hopeless but he's got drive and stamina >> i'd love to run them, is it expensive?

and dont tell me there are no accidents >>> looks kind of dangerous??

Ive only just started training myself. Gizmo is excellant and I will probably use Gizmo as my lead dog. They dont know Hike yet as all the training is on walking at the moment and when I teach Hike I want them to realise that Hike means "run like F***" (quoted from the lady I got in touch with) so when I have the necessary equipment and my bike up and running I am going to start with having them on the side of the bike first (using the springer) so I can start to teach them the Hike command :)

I have not any accidents yet (apart from they may go the wrong way to where I tell them but where Im foot too with the walking belt I can stop much easier and command them to stop so I can manually put them back on track.

When I started for the very first time with Marley and Bandit I thought Bandit was going to be a lost cause but he is getting there along with Marley, I am just having to take it slower with Marley and Bandit than I did with Gizmo as he has already pretty much mastered it, still not quite though :) I know Cris (aka. MyMukki) uploaded a video on here of her husband out with 2 of their sibes on the scooter and at the end of the clip is a very good example of an accident as the dogs saw something and suddenly changed direction and down went Cris' husband and the scooter.

oh gosh - yes i'd forgotten about that accident her husband had!!!!

sounds like you're doing great with your boys amy!!

Only time i use HIKE is if i'm walking up a steep hill and I want a hand lol then they pull like mad :D :D

Amy....dont start off on a Cudos!!!!! They're very expensive...so best to start off with a 2nd hand bruce hall or steel dog type rig 1st, so you wont be as devasted by the knocks and bumps it will get when u are 1st starting out!!!! Cudos is a nice light weight rig :) Lyn has had something similar made and think we'll be investing in the same as her once we've completed our 1st season! :)

Amy....dont start off on a Cudos!!!!! They're very expensive...so best to start off with a 2nd hand bruce hall or steel dog type rig 1st, so you wont be as devasted by the knocks and bumps it will get when u are 1st starting out!!!! Cudos is a nice light weight rig :) Lyn has had something similar made and think we'll be investing in the same as her once we've completed our 1st season! :)

I wont be getting one of them first, the lady who gave me the link, she uses them and gave me the link for an example of what kind of things to look out for when buying a rig :) deffinately aint spending that sort of money on a first rig, no way!!!!!

oh gosh - yes i'd forgotten about that accident her husband had!!!!

sounds like you're doing great with your boys amy!!

Only time i use HIKE is if i'm walking up a steep hill and I want a hand lol then they pull like mad :D :D

They are doing really well. I only started using the words Onby / Whoa / Gee / Haw (which reminds me I have a little story about that command!) a few days ago (after I put those vids up) and Gizmo has picked it up brilliantly! Marley and Bandit are fairly good but they take longer to take it all in :) There aint many steep hills here, its all fairly flat! Ive done a little work with Gizmo and HIKE if I go for a run with him and I'll start with HIKE (in an excitebale tone) but we not done it much, mainly because of how hot it is!

Rigs don't come up often on eBay and when they do you have to be careful as some of them are home made and very dodgy.

I know someone who might be selling a second hand heritage rig that has been done up with all new suspension and disc breaks but I don't know what she will want for it and she is up here in Aberdeen.

Rigs don't come up often on eBay and when they do you have to be careful as some of them are home made and very dodgy.

I know someone who might be selling a second hand heritage rig that has been done up with all new suspension and disc breaks but I don't know what she will want for it and she is up here in Aberdeen.

Thanks for the tip on ebay, we buy alot of second hand bikes and cars, etc from ebay so we know all about dodgy people. Hoping to go to a few rallys this year when the season starts and hopefully get talking to few experts about it all :)

At the moment I amplanning to get my bike, etc up and running so I can start bikejoring first with one at a time before I get a rig for them all to run at one time, if you follow me. However, I would be interested in your friends rig if she sells it on. Could you PM me over the details, price, etc of the rig if she does sell it and if I can get Jamie to travel up to Aberdeen (We live in Dorset) then I can let you know :)

Guest Gemma Riley

Just to let everyone know that if you want to run your dogs using a rig you will require a permit for the forest or permission from the land owner.

Scooters are slightly differant and normally its ok with 1 dog, 1 scooter but anymore than 1 dog and you may require a permit.

Liabilty insurance is also required.

Gemma