Husky Owners Holiday, U coming?????

Lucy

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy - that is really generous of you! Thank you so much! Can you let me know if you're in a tent or tourer so I can tell the campsite what's happening, then we can all be put together? I'll call them when I get your reply.

added to rep, Lucy, you're a star!!

Lucy - that is really generous of you! Thank you so much! Can you let me know if you're in a tent or tourer so I can tell the campsite what's happening, then we can all be put together? I'll call them when I get your reply.

added to rep, Lucy, you're a star!!

Hi Val - Lucy is staying in their van, when you ring them they should have all the details :)

Hope you can get in!!

Oh and i've sent you an email with a list of things we're all taking :D

whoooo :party:

Thanks, Sarah, had a look at the e-mail, you seem to have everything covered! As we regularly use our caravan, it has most things in it already, so if anything has been overlooked, hopefully we should have it. We also have a small fridge with (tiny!) freezer, but if anyone wants to make use of it, you're welcome. There is a microwave, too, if anyone needs one, a George Foreman grilling machine, the usual pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, kettles, etc. Will call the campsite & hopefully push our way in!!

PS added to rep for your help

AARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! called the site again & now he's saying that swapping the hook up is no problem, but where their caravan & the forum members tents & other van are, there is no room for another van! He did have a good check to see if any other campers were leaving to give us room but they're not going till the Sat or Sun either, so it looks like we'll stay at the Bryn Farm site the other side of the village & come over during the day for a bit of husky bonding!!

aww thats a shame :( atleast ure not far away tho! we will make sure yourkept in the loop with the plans!! Also if we find a dog friendly pub some where in the middle we can stagger off in our sep directions at the end of the night!!!!

haha! yeah, of course we can ........ as you say, we're not far away so we'll sort summat. Sarah, will save your mobile & pass mine on so we can keep in touch ( pass mine on to anyone else as a contact if needed)

Okies thanks Val :) just send me a quick text x

Our OS map has arrived!!! Looks like there's a footpath/bridlepath from our camp site to vals :) Also theres a good few walks around there too :) We just need to find a dog friendly pub and some beaches we are allowed on....will look into them today :)

Ooo some useful info...could someone print it off for me please??? My printer isnt working ;)

There is a large car park in the village. Please do not park on the road side obstructing traffic.

There are two sets of public toilets in Aberdaron. One by the car park and the other along the promenade.

There is a bus stop in the village, by the Spar with a regular service to Pwllheli, where there is a British Rail station.

The village Post Office is in Spar Stores.

The nearest petrol station is in Sarn Mellteyrn, there is a cash point at Sarn PO.

The nearest town is Pwllheli, which has a leisure centre, marina, fun fair, shops, chemists and banks.

There is evening entertainment in the Sailing Club and local pubs.

The local doctors' surgery is in Botwnnog: 01758 730266.

The nearest A&E is in Bangor at Ysbyty Gwynedd:

Ysbyty Gwynedd, Penrhosgarnedd, Bangor, Gwynedd. LL57 2PW. Tel: 01248 384384

There are dentists at Abersoch and Pwllheli

And on the beach front its good news :) we're allowed on all beaches just need to be aware if there are dog free sections...see below

Beach Access Information for Dog Owners in Gwynedd:

Dogs can be taken onto all beaches in Gwynedd throughout the year, however between the 1st of May and 30th September sections of the following beaches have dog exclusion areas:

Abersoch Aberdaron Aberdyfi Abermaw / Barmouth Criccieth Dinas DinlleFairbourne Harlech Llandanwg Morfa Bychan (Black Rock Sands) Pwllheli Porthoer (Whistling Sands) Tywyn

Dogs are allowed on the beach either side of these restriction areas, which are clearly sign posted - maps illustrating these areas are also present in notice boards located at the beach entrances. Dogs must also be kept on a lead at all times on the promenades, and owners are expected to clean up any mess after their dog, or risk a maximum fine of 1000 [Dogs (fouling of land) Act 1996]. Dog fouling bags are available from the Council's Beach Supervisors, which are on duty on most of the above beaches between the middle of June and the first week in September.

Found 2 dog friendly pubs in the nearest town

http://www.bryncynan.com/

and this one looks good....only prob is we might all leave with extra dogs as they foster rescues!

Sarn, Pwllheli, Gwynedd, North WalesLL53 8DU The dogs are even allowed in the pub....

both of these we would have to drive to but are close to walks and beaches so maybe worth us doing a day trip and grabbing lunch at the pub....what you all think?

Ooo some useful info...could someone print it off for me please??? My printer isnt working ;)

There is a large car park in the village. Please do not park on the road side obstructing traffic.

There are two sets of public toilets in Aberdaron. One by the car park and the other along the promenade.

There is a bus stop in the village, by the Spar with a regular service to Pwllheli, where there is a British Rail station.

The village Post Office is in Spar Stores.

The nearest petrol station is in Sarn Mellteyrn, there is a cash point at Sarn PO.

The nearest town is Pwllheli, which has a leisure centre, marina, fun fair, shops, chemists and banks.

There is evening entertainment in the Sailing Club and local pubs.

The local doctors' surgery is in Botwnnog: 01758 730266.

The nearest A&E is in Bangor at Ysbyty Gwynedd:

Ysbyty Gwynedd, Penrhosgarnedd, Bangor, Gwynedd. LL57 2PW. Tel: 01248 384384

There are dentists at Abersoch and Pwllheli

has this been printed off Lucy? If not, let me know, will print a few copies for us. Can post some to you as you are going earlier than us, if u like, pm me your address if you want, x

P.S. I see you've been doing your homework with that bridlepath between the 2 campsites! Hopefully the weather will let us explore it!