( want money for nowt ) Do you wear a uniform for work ?

Dunc

I have 2 :( just a tee shirt but here some good news you can get a tax rebate of £60 a year to clean said uniform :)

All you need is some type of uniform anything that your company gives you that requires YOU to clean as your company does not clean for you ( some company's do ) if they do proved this service you can-not claim.

Here is what you need to claim.

See list of what you can claim here > http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim32712.htm

Seems staff should be able to claim £60 year allawance.

Then write to your tax office and tell them, i got a extra tax allowance and it is backdated 6 years which its better than nothing and better in your pocket

It only costs the price of a stamp so worth a try !

All you need to do is fill in the blanks and send it to your work's tax office.(

Your Name

Your Address

NI number

Employee Number

Date

Inland Revenue

Tax Office Address

Details available from

Your employer/pay roll dept

…………

Postcode.

Dear Inland Revenue

RE: Expenses Allowance

I have been employed at Company Name, Location since (Date of Starting at Employment). I am obliged to launder the uniform, which is supplied to me by the company. I therefore wish to claim an expenses allowance of £60 for each year since the above date.

Yours Faithfully

Fill in the forum above with your own details and send it off costs you the price of a stamp :)

Good luck I got mine back from tax office yesterday with £60 off my tax rate and £336 back pay as you can claim for the past 6 years :)

Any questions or you stuck on anything just ask :)

I assume this is purely for those that work in the public sector right? if not surely those that work for business should surely go to their respective company?

Nope not just for the public sector its for anyone in the UK that works for any company who as to ware a uniform and there company does not run a cleaning service :)

Great info Dunc. It's a shame I don't wear a uniform personally but wonder if my sister (staff nurse) can claim this allowance

Not 100% sure but your sister might already claim as we just found out sue ( my wife ) does and she is a nurse I think in some cases its automatic :)

Hmm, I wear smart office clothing but I also have to have a high viz waterproof jacket with the company logo on & a hi viz vest which is my responsibility to keep clean ( for site visits & they need a clean after a tour of a waste water works!)- technically not a uniform but company clothing ... wonder if that qualifies??

Hmm, I wear smart office clothing but I also have to have a high viz waterproof jacket with the company logo on & a hi viz vest which is my responsibility to keep clean ( for site visits & they need a clean after a tour of a waste water works!)- technically not a uniform but company clothing ... wonder if that qualifies??

From what I have learned though doing this any type of clothing your company makes you where but will not take the responsibility for cleaning and leaves to there employees can be claimed for Val :)

Getting sick of filling these forms out now done 6 since yesterday for other folk lol :D

Awww, bless. . . :violin:

Dunc you're a star. . . :thankyou:

• 4 weeks later...