hello there im new :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, glad you found us :D Rusky's lurverly Sam :clap: how old is he?

Like I said, everyones really helpful on here and i've learnt so so much just by reading the other threads!

Did you get his tum problem sorted?

me too. he is he's such a lovely dog :) hes actually a rescue dog a vet i joined previously was the one who suggested studding him?! had i of known the risks i wouldnt of even given it a thought. the more ive found out the more happier i am that we didnt! he's 2 years his previous vets have told me. his tummy problems i havent had a chance to yet but he hasnt had a bout of it since before having his castration done other husky owners have said its when they roll in fox poo but not sure. would love tips to train him off lead too if anyones got any ideas? :D

me too. he is he's such a lovely dog :) hes actually a rescue dog a vet i joined previosly was the one who suggested studding him?! had i of known the risks i wouldnt of even given it a thought. the more ive found out the more happier i am that we didnt! he's 2 years his previous vets have told me. his tummy problems i havent had a chance to yet but he hasnt had a bout of it since before having his castration done other husky owners have said its when they roll in fox poo but not sure. would love tips to train him off lead too if anyones got any ideas? :D

hes a husky - you wont be able 2 train him offlead - get a 100ft lead n keep him safe :) - what food is he on? as they can have sensitivities to wheat and fillers ect

his tummy problems i havent had a chance to yet but he hasnt had a bout of it since before having his castration done other husky owners have said its when they roll in fox poo but not sure.

fingers crossed he doesn't get another bout of it, i'm sure you'll be able to get some answers off more experienced owners than me on it if he does get it again though

would love tips to train him off lead too if anyones got any ideas? :D

heehee, husky + off lead = :nooo: think everyone will tell you the same, unless you're in a secure area it's just about nigh on impossible cause of their natural hunting instincts and selective hearing and boy mine have selective hearing !

LOL the others beat me to it :P

yes ive heard that u cant hes got an extendable and we did let him off at an enclosed park but if someone opens the gate the risk is too great so long lead it is. hes been on dried and tinned food now for 3 months iams dried and pedigree tinned hasnt upset him the tummy problem is called congentalitus (enlarged large intestine) since being on the lead he hasnt had anymore probs but could be from eating grass? not sure. hes not sensitive to weat etc as hes had tests done

fingers crossed he doesn't get another bout of it, i'm sure you'll be able to get some answers off more experienced owners than me on it if he does get it again though

heehee, husky + off lead = :nooo: think everyone will tell you the same, unless you're in a secure area it's just about nigh on impossible cause of their natural hunting instincts and selective hearing and boy mine have selective hearing !

LOL the others beat me to it :P

i hope he doesnt, mind u now we're not letting him offlead he cant roll in fox poo so fingers crossed... honestly though fox poo lol

Beautiful boy you've got there!!! welcome to the forum!

Everyone is really friendly and there's a mountain of knowledge among them! (I'm still learning!)

brilliant its great to have support and knowledge of other husky owners would be good to find out about this congentalitus though if anyone knows about it let me know?

Hey, she's trying to up her post count by posting pictures in separate messages!!! << laughing! >> If you put them all in one message we can look at the larger versions by clicking the left and right (prev / next) arrows.

He's a good looking dog -- is all that white stuff in 009 stuffing from the toy or his hair??

And of course, welcome to the absolute best Husky forum around!!