:(

Laine

Actually posting a thread instead of just commenting :jawdrop: Just had to share one of the not so happy things about wanting a dog.

Talked to my breeder tonight; the husky I hoped would be having a pup for me by now didn't take. It would have been special to me because of her being the sister to my lost Arizona, making the hoped for pup a niece/nephew.

The good news is that she may be breeding in August and though there's if's with it - if there's a pregnancy and if there are enough pups since they usually breed for themselves - I might be able to get a puppy from that litter. There won't be a pick up until November, apparently, but right now that might be for the best. Gives me more time to prepare.

Keep your fingers (and paws) crossed for me. It'd be a great early Christmas gift for sure if it happens.

Fingers crossed for you. If she doesn;t take have you thought about a husky rescue since they get puppies in soemtimes?

Actually I have been looking at husky rescues; so far, what I can find online mostly have adult dogs and most of those aren't in my area. There aren't a lot of huskies in this area of the country really; lots of BC's and Labs, but not much for huskies.

Gigi - yeah, if I get good news I'm sure you'll be able to hear me all the way in Iowa! :D