Another Victim of Meaningless Animal Hatred

So this woman is a family's friend. She is a BIG fan of dogs and her true passion is mid-sized to large-sized dog. Recently she rescued a two-months-old husky puppy. She happily announce the arrival of her new family member and soon almost everyone in the family knows about it. I actually plan to pay a visit to her house, but school kept me busy and even if I have a free time my dad just won't let me go to her house =.= Anyway I have never seen her husky puppy up until today--because the puppy has walked the rainbow bridge not so long ago :(

I heard about this dreadful news just a few days ago, and I am truly shocked because the puppy died because of intentional poisoning. Somebody thrown a piece of food filled with rat poison to this woman's yard and the unfortunate puppy eats it :cry1:The puppy coughed-up blood and died soon :cry1::cry1::cry1: the fact that this puppy is not even 6 months old make me feel worse... How could anyone intentionally poison such an adorable innocent life???

This is not the first case. In Indo--especially in Java Island--most local people has an unexplained hatred towards animals especially dogs. I don't know what's the motive of this heartless murder, but mostly these cases are caused by some fanatic people that made up their own "religious rules" and tried to claim that they are poisoning dogs in the name of their religion :mad: well the fact is there is NO religion that allows murder and this is ALL just an act of people's idiocy. Why people is so stupid?? OMG I can't stop feeling sorry for this puppy and her owner :( I don't even know the poor puppy's name =( R.I.P little puppy, run free across the rainbow bridge! At least nobody hates you pointlessly there =\

Now that's so sad and so pointless and so <deleted> stupid!!!

I can't picture anyone trying to justify cruelty as a religious practice - that just doesn't wash. Even those religions which practice <just lost the word> live offerings will kill the animal in a merciful manner.

Sleep well, pup; you're safe now!

Now that's so sad and so pointless and so <deleted> stupid!!!

I can't picture anyone trying to justify cruelty as a religious practice - that just doesn't wash. Even those religions which practice <just lost the word> live offerings will kill the animal in a merciful manner.

Sleep well, pup; you're safe now!

The word you're looking for is <sacrificial> live offerings.

I wondered how well dogs were accepted in Indonesia since a good portion of the population is of a religion that hates dogs (religion not to be named.)

Requiat, little pup. :(

The word you're looking for is <sacrificial> live offerings.

I wondered how well dogs were accepted in Indonesia since a good portion of the population is of a religion that hates dogs (religion not to be named.)

Requiat, little pup. :(

Yes, thank you - I hate it when I can picture what I want, but the word has slipped back into the nether recesses of my mind!

Well, that prompted a Google search that entertained and educated me for the better part of an hour. It seems that this is another case of adverse information. Said religion doesn't hate dogs, just consider them to be unclean, in the same category as the other unclean animals. I read several referenced accounts for their religious justification and, in those cases where the extremist haven't gotten involved, understand why they feel as they do, don't necessarily agree, but understand. As one writer put it God created all the animal kingdom, it's not our place to despise any of His creation <paraphrased>.

I did find one link from an American church where the dog was considered, by its pastor, evil because, among other things, it's genitalia is exposed, puh-lease!

Yes, thank you - I hate it when I can picture what I want, but the word has slipped back into the nether recesses of my mind!

Well, that prompted a Google search that entertained and educated me for the better part of an hour. It seems that this is another case of adverse information. Said religion doesn't hate dogs, just consider them to be unclean, in the same category as the other unclean animals. I read several referenced accounts for their religious justification and, in those cases where the extremist haven't gotten involved, understand why they feel as they do, don't necessarily agree, but understand. As one writer put it God created all the animal kingdom, it's not our place to despise any of His creation <paraphrased>.

I know that in practice, a lot of folks of that particular religion have a very visceral hatred of dogs predicated upon the religious texts. Of course people of any religion can and often will take something rather benign and turn it into something aggressive, that's just human nature. And that particular religion has a contingent of followers who are more than willing to become violent just because. Indonesia in particular has seen some very serious violence against humans, not just dogs. It's sad but true.

I did find one link from an American church where the dog was considered, by its pastor, evil because, among other things, it's genitalia is exposed, puh-lease!

ROFL I bet I can guess that denomination! Sheesh, some people. :rolleyes:

My heart hurts for the puppy and the owner. It is especially heartbreaking when beloved animals are poisoned. Such a terrible sad thing. And a hateful thing - a poor reflection on the human race. Bless you and the owner. :cry1:My next door neighbors' three dogs were poisoned by dog biscuits soaked in anti-freeze. The dogs suffered and passed, and the whole neighborhood was broken and sad for the sweet pets lost. (We know who did it, but the police could never prove it). Anyway, for animal lovers like us, it is so hard to understand people who hurt them. I am so sorry for this lost. It is for situations like this that I have to believe that karma exists - that people who do this are held accountable for their actions. =( RIP puppy.

• 2 weeks later...

:cry1::cry1::cry1::angry::rainbowbridge:this is so horribly sad im still crying. that poor little baby!!!!!!! people like that should die an exceedingly horrific pain filled death... oh and might i add slow...

may god smile upon this pup and bless the family mourning it.

aww it's okay now, don't cry.. The puppy is happy now =) In the rainbow bridge, no one hurts each other. He's safe :)