♥Lexie's Tribute

Lexie:

6/29/04 - 2/15/11

Hey, I'm just a fluff-butt runt who has gone through some tough times in my life span. Born on June 29, 2004, I was nothing but a runt in my litter so I was the last one to be picked up. For 3 years I resided in Burlington WI, with a small family who had another dog. They would let me run away for hours and not come after me... They decided to move off to an apartment where only one dog could be kept...Guess who got the boot?..

Before I knew it I was in the back of a truck going to a new home... My forever home... My Momma was my best friend! Every time she would leave to go to her friend's house I would whine and pee on the carpet... Our faces lit up when we saw each other again. I would always jump up and give my Momma kisses and hugs when she came back. Though my Momma's parents didn’t like the peeing problem.. They threatened Mom over and over that they would get rid of me... But, Momma stood her ground and said she would run away with me if she had to (being serious)...

We went to classes to fix my problems and everything got better!! Although I would run off (can't fix that problem!). Unlike my old family; Mom chased me through dead corn fields barefoot, through snow in shorts, and even into a swamp... (That’s what I call love!) To me it was all just a big game, and I gave Mom a real exercise! It just showed that my Momma wouldn’t let anything come between us.

Days came when she would talk, while I listened to her every word without judgment. Mom would often cry on my shoulder. I had to be there for her, that was my job!

Out of nowhere my health dropped… My breath started to smell and tarter built up on my teeth. We had some of my teeth pulled and things started to get better again, until the smell came back. Everyone complained and embarrassment hit me hard, but Momma didn’t care, she got use to it fast. When I would get overly excited or used too much energy I would have little seizures. Mom was scared to death for me. Months passed by and it became kind of normal.

For one special week I acted extra happy and energetic for my Momma. We went for walks everyday in the snow; leaving paw prints in the ground. Mom promised me a walk the next day. The following morning, I laid on the floor while Mom slept on her bed. The air had a comfortable stillness. I broke that silence when a seizure acted up for no reason. Momma instantly woke up and ran to me. She lifted my face up and saw a stare that seemed to be looking someplace else... Mom franticly brought her head to my chest....Nothing came from it... That didn’t stop Momma. She brought her mouth to mine (Not knowing dog SPR) and beat on my chest until there was a slight, quickened rumbling. Hope sparkled him her eyes. Mom didn’t know I was already watching her from outside my body. It turned out to be a quiver in the heart that raised her faith...

I wanna be with her, but they say I can’t go back… I don't get it because she needs me the most right now. She needs my shoulder...I watch her from the clouds every day; just waiting for her to walk up Rainbow Bridge so I can greet her with hugs and kisses just like before... I miss my Momma~♥

PS: We still need to go for that walk you promised…

Courtney:

Lexie was also my best friend that no human could ever match up to; she was truly a gift… She taught me so many lessons without saying anything but a whimper and a woof c:

I miss her more than anything in the entire world. She helped me through middle school (which was pretty tough). She is the most important person in my life!

~Miss you Pretty C:

2qlwm79.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtney - What a beautiful way you have with words. Your story can't help but to touch the hearts of all who read it.

Many of us have had our soul mates in fur cross over the Rainbow Bridge, and all can relate to what your going through.

The story of your love, devotion and perseverance to Lexie, should be be used as a guide to rescuers.

Welcome to the forum.

R.I.P. Lexie-

Rip beautiful girl run free over the bridge and wait for mummy she will give u that walk she promised and hugs and kisses just be patient. Sorry for your lose courtney it bring back memory of my baby girl tia she went a year before lexie on the same day rip both of you.

Courtney,

what you did for your gorgeous girl was absolutely remarkable.

you showed her love in a way no-one else did.

your tribute to her had me in tears the 1st time i read it.

take comfort in the fact that she is running free from any pain and discomfort now.

Thank-you for sharing your remarkable journey!

I read your story earlier today, and I almost cried. I bet if I read it twice I will cry for real, so... no I'll pass x) But great big thanks for sharing this story here, Lexie is beautiful. Bet you missed her lots, but as you know she is happy in the rainbow bridge so stop those tears from falling :)

Rest in peace, Lexie.. Even if we all know you ARE in peace, that's the only thing we can say for you.