Favourite Peice of technology

Marc

So what is your favourite peice of tech excluding your computer itself, your camera, and your phone :)

I would have to say my Sky+hd box. In particular the recording element of it. I think unless its formula 1 most of the things I watch are recorded so I can watch them as and when I wish. Which with running this place, is always handy.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DVR (which sounds a lot like your Sky+ HD box) associated with my satellite dish - it allows me to digitally record programs, or to pause something if I need to leave the room to let a dog out or something, then come back to where I left off. That said, I could live without dish and DVR much more easily (and happily!) than I could my computer and Internet connection!

My Psyclone SD Card player.

I can slap a bunch of movies or an entire season of a TV show on to a 32gb

SdHc card and watch it all on my normal TV.

Suh-Weeeeeeeet :):yahoo:

For me, it would be a pencil and a pad of paper. Actually, it's the MFT (MyFordTouch) and Ford SYNC systems in our Ford Edge. Although it has had some issues, it's still pretty neat.

The DVR (which sounds a lot like your Sky+ HD box) associated with my satellite dish - it allows me to digitally record programs, or to pause something if I need to leave the room to let a dog out or something, then come back to where I left off. That said, I could live without dish and DVR much more easily (and happily!) than I could my computer and Internet connection!

Sounds identical to our Sky+ service :)

My Psyclone SD Card player.

I can slap a bunch of movies or an entire season of a TV show on to a 32gb

SdHc card and watch it all on my normal TV.

Suh-Weeeeeeeet :):yahoo:

You know Im searchin for this :D

That has to be my Kindle. It goes everywhere I go :rolleyes: Well, almost everywhere ............

I got Kindle on my HTC Desire HD

Favoutite app on the phone.

got over 2500 books on there. . . :)

I am getting there Andy - I have 25 so far :rofl:

I kinda / sort of / stumbled across a few (thousand) on the world wide interweb. :whistling:

I have a few friends who stumble quite convincingly too :doglaugh:

LMAO I stumble across lots of stuff out there EVERY day. . . ooooops :eek:

I kinda / sort of / stumbled across a few (thousand) on the world wide interweb. :whistling:

Completely off topic and apt to get *me* banned, but if you want a book or two, PM me.

And to answer the question, I'd have to say books. While not technology in the sense we generally mean it (electronic) I'd have been lost without books while I was growing up as a kid.

Completely off topic and apt to get *me* banned, but if you want a book or two, PM me.

And to answer the question, I'd have to say books. While not technology in the sense we generally mean it (electronic) I'd have been lost without books while I was growing up as a kid.

I read every single day.

At work, at home (when not walking the dogs, on H-O, eating or sleeping)

In queues, on the bus.

My phone is my library.

Al, I would agree with you there, it was the same with me.

Books are everywhere in my house. I ran out of bookshelf space so my husband got me the Kindle, but that still doesn't stop me from buying books anywhere I can find them - but my husband refuses to build another bookshelf. To say he gets irritated by my books is putting it mildly. pffff :rolleyes: He doesn't read at all.

Al, I would agree with you there, it was the same with me.

Books are everywhere in my house. I ran out of bookshelf space so my husband got me the Kindle, but that still doesn't stop me from buying books anywhere I can find them - but my husband refuses to build another bookshelf. To say he gets irritated by my books is putting it mildly. pffff :rolleyes: He doesn't read at all.

and you married him. . .Why ? :P