Huge Ears!

Hey everyone! First time Husky owner. I have a Beautiful White husky male named Elvis. he is 3.5 months. Big boy. and big ears that flopped but now just one flops. everyone asks oh shepard? Im like no husky ... is it normal? or do you all think he isnt pure bread. bc Elvis's breeder gave me papers for AKC to be signed up.

3 photos are posted.

1) 1st day with him

2) 1st day with him

3) a week later

let me know what you think.

-Amanda

post-5438-13585974610161_thumb.jpg

post-5438-13585974611799_thumb.jpg

post-5438-13585974617089_thumb.jpg

People will find the silliest reasons to ask if he is pure bred

I get asked that cause Kissuna doesn't have a face mask. When I've told people huskies can be pure white they seem very shocked, and say they thought only GSD could be pure white.

But the ears are nothing to worry about. At the most, I think its by two years at the most, and can definitely happen sooner, they will stand erect and he will grow into them. At that point you'll look back at old photos and giggle at how huge and silly his ears were.

Did I mention he's beautiful? :P

Oh and welcome to the pack!

Thank u! ya hes so cute and he knows how good looking he is lol. ya mine is white but if u look u has a light sandywhite color creating a face mask. but not many notice it. but its so neat.

and I love his ears. I was just curious bc a husky owner in my area at the dog park asked if he was pure bred. so i was worried.

But the ears are nothing to worry about. At the most, I think its by two years at the most, and can definitely happen sooner, they will stand erect and he will grow into them. At that point you'll look back at old photos and giggle at how huge and silly his ears were.

So there's still hope for Kuma's big ears lol maybe his tip will straighten up too :P

So there's still hope for Kuma's big ears lol maybe his tip will straighten up too :P

Don't hold me to it though! I've read that in a book or two and heard it from Kissus breeder, so maybe. Everywhere else I've heard by a year.

But Kissus breeder did have a sibling from another litter who was there. When I saw him he had erect ears. But in pictures of him at a year and three weeks he had huge ears still and one was still flopped over. When I saw him he was 3 and a half and she said his ears started looking normal at 2 years.

Kissus never flopped though. They were just typical huge husky puppy ears.

Don't hold me to it though! I've read that in a book or two and heard it from Kissus breeder, so maybe. Everywhere else I've heard by a year.

But Kissus breeder did have a sibling from another litter who was there. When I saw him he had erect ears. But in pictures of him at a year and three weeks he had huge ears still and one was still flopped over. When I saw him he was 3 and a half and she said his ears started looking normal at 2 years.

Kissus never flopped though. They were just typical huge husky puppy ears.

I'm still not 100% sure Kuma is a full Sibe. or a mix so who knows with his ears lol. Guess time will tell :P

White huskies!!

Gorgeous!

So is my boy!

I always get asked if Loki is an Alsatian! I reply "no pure husky!"

To which people go "aww" all over then they clock his beautiful blue eyes and realise that "oh yes course he's husky with those eyes!" coo coo coo

I just find it funny !!

Nothing beats my gorgeous loving boy.

I believe ears are like muscle to the dogs and so your dog will grow into them and begin to move it more under control

awwwwwwwwwww adorable!!!! welcome to the pack!

i have a white girl too and just the other day i was asked if she was a german shepard/alsation even tho they saw her blue eyes - even my grey n white husky has been called a shepard lol - i think its just cuz huskies arent THAT common

also with his ears - give them time hes still only young they WILL stand up and he WILL grow into them :)

he gets called a ton of stuff, weve had werewolf, akita, shepard, samoyed n a kid even called him a fox LOL

I've had wolf lol! a 3 year old boy saw me with his Dad nad pointed at Kita and jsut said "wolf..wolf" his dad corrected him though :P

• 9 years later...