Out and about - post pics here

Sarah

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. We had a great time. The pups of course loved it, every time we go there they act as if its their first time. We go quite late in the afternoon so its not too hot, and as you can see we stay until the sun goes down. There were not many dogs on the beach, a few big dogs were off lead, but as soon as the owners saw huskies approaching, they put them back on lead. Once we passed, they were off lead again, and no one bothered anyone. The only problem we have is Ozzy and his dislike (?) of small dogs. I think its dislike because every time he sees one, he pulls like crazy and jumps in the air to get to them. His whole body language says 'let me get to them'. We really need to get them to socializing classes but we have nothing in our area.

why do they put their dogs on lead when they see huskies coming ??

I am not sure, I found it a bit strange at first, but I think it is a case of 'the law of the beach' - all dogs must be on lead. When there are no other dogs nearby, the owners let them off lead again. I did look back and their dogs did not venture more than a few feet from their owners. Not like my two, they would run up to meet and greet. There was an issue a time back when the council wanted to ban dogs on all beaches, but they then relented with this one particular stretch, so dog owners don't want to rock the boat by having any complaints lodged. It is a fantastic stretch of beach, smooth sands, then rocky patches where we scamper over rocks, lovely sand dunes, and beautiful scenery with the mountains all around us - all great for the dogs, and us :)

It is a fantastic stretch of beach, smooth sands, then rocky patches where we scamper over rocks, lovely sand dunes, and beautiful scenery with the mountains all around us - all great for the dogs, and us smile.gif

oh i agree with you it's a place my 3 would love xxx

Rosemary those pics are stunning , love the sunset (and the dogs of course!) my Ozzy has the same problem with small dogs!!! as was witnessed by Diesel's owner today when a silly old man didn't have his JR on a lead and we walked past all fine and then the JR came back for a fight and Ozzy had him by the neck and wouldn't let go......scared the life out of me :-(