bike for bikejoring AND walkydog

Ok gonna jump on this again,

@Nix - firstly i would recommend something Hybrid, thats suitbale for road and basic singletack trails: thinner tyres and also ratios are a bit better. here is one avaiable from online store called Evans.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/falcon/womens-storm-2011-hybrid-bike-ec027731

Check out their other Hybrid bikes, and sales offers. they delvier to your door, and most likely have a store somewhere near you where you can test ride?

Dont go blowing budget on a dedicated all singing all dancing machine, unless you and your dog are ready - other wise it will be money wasted; full suspension bikes on a budget are the weight of a tiny planet!! - your dogs wont love you for it.

@Claire - out front is best, but make sure if you do it from the side then springers/ similiar are used, ride within your and the dogs limits, small steps only - its learning time for the two of you, constantly do a risk assesssment, on you, the dog, the bike, the route, other users on the route, time, distance and have back out plans.... the "what if something goes wrong"?

Plan for the worst, and the rest is best! :)

Easy Riding

Boondog

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok gonna jump on this again,

@Nix - firstly i would recommend something Hybrid, thats suitbale for road and basic singletack trails: thinner tyres and also ratios are a bit better. here is one avaiable from online store called Evans.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/falcon/womens-storm-2011-hybrid-bike-ec027731

Check out their other Hybrid bikes, and sales offers. they delvier to your door, and most likely have a store somewhere near you where you can test ride?

Dont go blowing budget on a dedicated all singing all dancing machine, unless you and your dog are ready - other wise it will be money wasted; full suspension bikes on a budget are the weight of a tiny planet!! - your dogs wont love you for it.

@Claire - out front is best, but make sure if you do it from the side then springers/ similiar are used, ride within your and the dogs limits, small steps only - its learning time for the two of you, constantly do a risk assesssment, on you, the dog, the bike, the route, other users on the route, time, distance and have back out plans.... the "what if something goes wrong"?

Plan for the worst, and the rest is best! :)

Easy Riding

Boondog

Thank you.....have seen lots of posts on the Walkydog so will take a look at that :)

Yes of course, but Use your brakes to maintain safe distance and of course control, but yes these things do happen, learning to teach them the commands, gee, haw, etc.... Means with practise and repetition and iron will, it will get much better.

Regards

Boondog

• 2 months later...

Nix, after speaking to Aaron yesterday about his experience bikejoring versus mine on the scooter, I'd strongly recommend that before you go buying the stuff, you try it out. Aaron is going to have a go on my scooter as I personally think you have a lot more control with a scooter.

You are welcome to come up and try out my scooter and then we can attach the lines to my bike and you can make your decision that way. I'd rather do that, than risk you trying bikejoring and Blaze seriously hurting you, him or someone else.

@BingBlaze'n'Skyla

Stacey xxx

never did get the bike n just sold my walkydog because i never got a bike lol

Thats a shame, I jus bought a cheapish bike from tesco direct. Men's MTB with Front suspension,front disc brake and a seat which is harder than a house brick lol for £125. Well I say "I" bought it, my mrs got it for my bday :D which isnt til monday and I convinced her to let me "test ride" it hahaaa ;) I took Nico out last night when it was lovely and cool and I think he loved it. I started slowly as I only have a normal lead at the moment and he was challenging to say the least lol but after 5-10 mins we both got the hang of it. I cant wait to take him out again tonight.

snowy spat me off the bike a few times when i first got him when i do eventually get another im getting elbow wrist knee and shin gaurds and a full face helmet lol get them from sports direct quite cheap and on the bike question if you say you are getting it for work you can get a dicount from the goverment if yo work so far from where you live