Clock Carving

Malamute

Following on from a thread I posted a few weeks ago regarding engraving etc I was wondering how many people would genuinely be interested in the potential items I could produce.

I've seen a demo of the software which transformed a photograph (good quality image) of a Husky into a 3D machining programme and the result was amazing. The actual quality of the carving depends on a few factors but the concept, for me at least, is exciting.

One obvious option (depending on the quality of image used) is a wall clock with the face of the clock being a 3D carving of a dog - potentially your dog.

Cost of such an item would be hard to say at this stage but I reckon somewhere in the region of 75.00 + postage would be reasonable. This may sound a lot but if you consider how unique each item would be - essentially one of a kind - I think many would find it aceptable. The software by the way is also going to cost me several thousand pounds!

Wall plaques / key holders etc could all be produced but for me a clock is an ideal size to get plenty detail.

Comments welcome, either respond on this thread, message me or e-mail me on ian@pdsdoorsets.co.uk please put 'engraving' as the subject of your e-mail)