Huskies are NOT stupid!! It's the PEOPLE who R stupid!

mydiamond

So he is my relative. I don't know him really well bcoz we rarely meet, but now at least I know one thing about this person: He's an idiot :mad:

He bought a husky couple of months ago, and give the dog back to its breeder one week later. Guess why? He said: "huskies are stupid dogs. They never jump on people which means they are unfriendly. When I come home my husky never lick my face. It actually takes a very long time for them to understand a command and the only thing they have is a wolf-like face. Other than appearance huskies have nothing at all."

:rant: SAY WHAAAAAAAAT???!!! *talks to this relative of mine* How dare you call this stunning breed "stupid"! YOU are the one who's stupid! Don't buy a dog if you haven't done any research beforehand!! And if THIS is the reason why you call your husky "stupid", then it is really obvious that you know NOTHING about dog's behavior! Blame yourself, you f#%*in idiot don't blame your dog!! And FYI there's a thing called dog trainer in the world, don't quickly give up the dog like that! What the f*%# is in your head?!

Update: after giving his husky back my relative get a black Labrador called Luna. Labs are obviously much less stubborn so he decided to give her a forever home. My question is: IS THIS WHY COUNTLESS HUSKIES ARE SENT TO POUND AND RESCUES?? If yes, then the whole world is being unfair. They only need someone who has experience and patience!! Their stubbornness has nothing to do with intelligence! Huskies are really really smart! :rant:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Huskies are in recues due to people not having enought time for them / being able to forfill the Huskies needs.

Theres lots of breeds in Rescues, not just Huskies.

The only breed I would say there are countless of in rescues are Staffies / Pitbull type dogs. Poor Guys :(

ah yes the dogs with fighting history =( they're not bad @ all! ><

Indeed, you just have to go through the rspca pages and its jsut Staffy after staffy after staffy.

But your family member seems a little close minded and silly to call his dog stupid, But if a husky wasn't for him, then the Husky would have ended up neglected anyway, so its good he took the dog back, though he should have never of got one in the 1st place

That's horrible. :(

Though it is good he dropped it back off to the breeder and didn't dump it off at the side of the road.

If huskies had opposable thumbs, they would have taken over the world already.

I think Huskies are in recues due to people not having enought time for them / being able to forfill the Huskies needs.

Theres lots of breeds in Rescues, not just Huskies.

The only breed I would say there are countless of in rescues are Staffies / Pitbull type dogs. Poor Guys :(

I would have to agree with the above statement, - staffies and the like really do get a hard time. My local RSPCA is almost full of just this breed of dog. Like many dogs they are cute and small when born, get taken home, cant be bothered to teach any social skills then get dumped on RSPCA or the likes door step. It is most definately the dogs humans' fault not the dogs. Really ticks me off. Ive fallen out with my sister on numerous occasions about breeding her Border Collies "for the experience" (what a load of b*^$££ks). For the money more like This is another breed that needs more then the average exercise and stimulation. AARRGHHH oh god dont get me started.........:rant:

:wow2:People like that really get under my skin. Just because a breed is stubborn doesn't mean it's stupid, in fact i have found that stubborn dogs are usualy more intellegent. And him thinking his husky isn't friendly because it doesn't jump or lick him again wow so he wants these bad behaviors? A jumping and overly licking dog is not balanced and has no manners. Has he ever had a dog before or was this his first? Hope he actually trains the lab. Sad he gave the husky back because of his lack of knowladge of the breed

:wow2:People like that really get under my skin. Just because a breed is stubborn doesn't mean it's stupid, in fact i have found that stubborn dogs are usualy more intellegent. And him thinking his husky isn't friendly because it doesn't jump or lick him again wow so he wants these bad behaviors? A jumping and overly licking dog is not balanced and has no manners. Has he ever had a dog before or was this his first? Hope he actually trains the lab. Sad he gave the husky back because of his lack of knowladge of the breed

Yeeaa surprisingly he actually trains Luna the Labrador simply bcoz that crazy dog jumps on him x( honestly idk what is going through people's head these days >.<

Glad the pup went back to the breeder tbh. hopefully a knowledgable owner will get him instead.

*nod, nod* I'm glad he give the dog back, too but I was never happy when he announce to the whole family that a husky (a.k.a my dog! he knows I have a husky!) is stupid. All best wishes for the returned husky =)

Huskies aren't stupid...I don't believe they're stubborn either...

I do however believe that many of them are situationally aware. They're intelligent to know what they can get away with with who...and if they don't know right off...then they know how to check and test boundaries to determine such.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone complaining that their dog DIDN'T jump on them...I mean seriously this is what I have in my head as a visual...

Relative comes home...Husky waits patiently for relative to give attention to him or her because in previous home husky was trained that jumping on people is a no no...Relative shows signs of annoyance because Husky is following previous training without any reinforcement from him or her. Husky does not attempt to french kiss relative...as doing so has been observed to be an unwanted behavior...relative continues to become more annoyed.

Relative attempts training...probably something like fetch. Husky is unclear as to what owner wants or decides that no matter what he does this person is going to be annoyed with said husky...Husky decides that its not going to even try in what appears to be a loose loose situation.

Hopefully your relative has better luck with their lab...I'm still stuck on lost as I really haven't ever heard the 'my dog doesnt jump on people' as a complaint...

yea I'm also shocked too when I heard about this =/ How can sumone expect their dog to jump on them?? Well now that they have a lab, you know what happens next =\

Luna the Labrador jumps on people. And I mean EVERY people. And she will give every guest a doggy french kiss. Yet the owner rewards her for that behavior =(