what age are they fully grown

Male dogs are (physically) fully-grown at two years of age. When they reach the age of two they can't grow any more bigger or taller. But if you're talking about mental maturity then you must wait for a loong loong time for your cute male husky to actually stop behaving like a puppy LOL

Male dogs are (physically) fully-grown at two years of age. When they reach the age of two they can't grow any more bigger or taller. But if you're talking about mental maturity then you must wait for a loong loong time for your cute male husky to actually stop behaving like a puppy LOL

Just like a man........:D

um, well... Each husky is unique. Some are "tiny" with their short hair and skinny build while others are really fluffy and large in size. It all depends on the genes. Have you ever met your dog's parents? How do they look like? If your dog's parents are short-haired then he will always be short-haired. Don't worry not all huskies are fluffy =) Even if your husky is smaller than others or has shorter hair it doesn't mean he is not a purebred ^0^

Btw I never heard of a husky fluffing out after shedding period O.O

I agree with Olivia.....the way you get them is the way they will be....short haired pups=short haired dogs and the same goes for wooly's.

As far as diet is concerned, feed him a normal husky diet. He will be either a working size or show size.....depends on his parents. No amount of running, protein, etc will make him stronger, however the wrong foods will make him fat....which is not good for this type of breed.

his parents were realy fluffy and big dogs so he may just be a late bloomer lol but iv met a few sibs walkin him and he has been taller than all off them and met a malamute and he was about half inch shorter but half the width mabie a bit more so i defo think hes got sum growin left in him as hes only just turnded 1 year

well you still have one more year to go! ^0^

But I heard puppies aren't always the very same as their parents =/ I know I must've sound crazy now but have you ever met the dog's grandparents? Bcoz if the "fluffy and large size" genes aren't a dominant gene then he'll be a short-haired husky even if his parents are a big ball of fur. Oh well anyway let's just wait until his second birthday and see what will happen LOL

If he's almost the size of a malamute then he's not small! I would be hoping he'd stop growing soon if it were me! =P

Look at his front legs, right on the 'ankle' joint where the leg bends - is there a bump? Does it look like he has a bit of a knuckle? This is the growth plate - the bigger that is the more growth the dog has left. If it's not very visible anymore or if it's not there than he probably won't be getting any taller.

To build muscle you'll just need to exercise him more. There's not much point in feeding him up as that'll just make him fat - huskies are extremely efficient with their food and don't need much.

Is there any particular reason you want him to be so big and musclular? He'll be just as beautiful and just as great a dog if he doesn't grow anymore I'm sure.

how tall is he? you could be comparing it to a small malamute and we don't even know it :P by 1 year he is pretty much done growing upwards, and will start growing sideways instead. hair depends a lot on different factors: parents, grandparents, climate while he was in his mother, and climate where he lives. usually, the colder the climate the fluffier they get. However, length is not as important as it is the thickness of the coat.

A smaller/shorter Mal isn't necessarily that much larger than a tall Siberian (Sibe male top of the standard is 23.5" - for the Mal, they list only an ideal height, and for a bitch, it's 23", so very close to a tall male Sibe).

Some dogs will take more than 2 years to finish filling out, even though they'll have all/most of their height by a year of age - some seem to stay in the "teenager" stage for years! Your best bet is to feed him a good, healthy diet, and give him an appropriate amount of exercise. Keep him on the slightly lean side, so as to minimize damage to his joints as he exercises, and he should put on muscle weight, which is what you want.

yea measuring is to the highest point of shoulders =) and this down here is the AKC standard for huskies

Height--Dogs, 21 to 23½ inches at the withers.

Weight--Dogs, 45 to 60 pounds.

You see? Your dog isn't all that small. He's slightly under 23 inches you say? Now you know he's almost too tall 2B a husky! :D

Size and rate of growth also depends upon the bloodlines of the dog(s) in question. Our first Husky, Merlin, was a skinny, gangly teenage rat until, suddenly, at age 3, he turned into an impressive adult.

A puppy we bred, Rebel, was almost full-grown at 6 months. In fact at six months he was winning Best of Breed at dog shows.

This was Merlin at 6 months - still very much a puppy

Merlinat6months.jpg

This was Rebel at 6 months - looking very much an adult dog

Rebel1.jpg

Mick