Genderless child

That child is going to grow up not knowing how to be either gender, he or she is merely going to have a choice on how to appear to everyone else - how they feel inside, any confusion that has developed, won't go away. That child is going to grow up being called 'it' - that isn't going to do anything positive for his/her self esteem. They're forcing on their child exactly what they're trying to avoid - everything will become about gender and the chances are he/she won't ever be able to fully identify with either.

Which set of public toilets is he/she going to be told to use? When he/she learns about gender and can identify his/her own private parts, what are the parents going to do if he/she asks questions? "No child, you're not like mummy OR daddy - you don't have a gender yet", really???

Not the first time I have heard this happen. The kid and the family knows the gender of the child, Storm will know what his gender is. It's just those outside of the family core that won't know. Think of the genderisation that goes on to kids. Think how it is to be constantly told you have to behave this way or another because your this gender. Storm lives without restraints of sexualisaion of the society that is enforced on children. Storm can choose to play with a doll or a tractor and not be classed as a mamas boy/sissy or a tomboy/lesbo. If you have been subjected to ridicle cos you have not fitted the pattern of your gender or your 'proper' sexuality you'll know what damage that truely does to a person during the culling of individualism in education. In fact there are Japanese cultures where androgeny is not thought as weird but a lifestyle choice so they are not contrained by the predispositions of gender that is preceded with whether you have tits or a cock....

Not the first time I have heard this happen. The kid and the family knows the gender of the child, Storm will know what his gender is. It's just those outside of the family core that won't know. Think of the genderisation that goes on to kids. Think how it is to be constantly told you have to behave this way or another because your this gender. Storm lives without restraints of sexualisaion of the society that is enforced on children. Storm can choose to play with a doll or a tractor and not be classed as a mamas boy/sissy or a tomboy/lesbo. If you have been subjected to ridicle cos you have not fitted the pattern of your gender or your 'proper' sexuality you'll know what damage that truely does to a person during the culling of individualism in education. In fact there are Japanese cultures where androgeny is not thought as weird but a lifestyle choice so they are not contrained by the predispositions of gender that is preceded with whether you have tits or a cock....

True - when I was growing up I was a tomboy and I was made fun of for it...but I learned to not care about what other people think. I still am sorta a 'tomboy', I like videogames, computers, hate shopping, hate pink, etc.

Everyone probably has something that society can see

as a flaw and call you out on it. Having three boys grow

up with no gender is not a solution. They will be picked

on at some point in their lives, just like everyone else.

I grew up playing kick ball and football with the boys,

hating pink and dresses. I didn't really have any friends

that were girls. I never got made fun of, and I never

thought that maybe I was meant to be a boy. I just

preferred playing with the boys and was aware of the

fact that I was a girl. The fact that I was a girl, and

played with the boys made me more popular with them

anyway :P

Like others have said. Transgender people know their

sex their whole life, regardless of what they were raised

as. These poor boys will grow up with no identification

whatsoever.

It is already affecting the boys negatively since they are

forced to be homeschooled as a result of this "genderless"

crap. They are not getting the socialization that they need

to grow up and be a part of society. Their parents are doing

them a great disservice longterm.

I have 3 boys myself and all i can say is there is absolutely no point to it! seriously children don't care about what sex they are my oldest son who is 5 can only just since he started school tell the difference between a boy and a girl, and you know what...to him a little girl is still the same as a little boy, someone to play with! doesn't matter how hard those parents try that child is going to leave the house one day and learn. They are probably just making things worse by not teaching them about gender. The wont know anything hence they will become the targets of bullies, bullies cause depression, then that child will become angry at his/her parents etc...it's not right. it's apart of growing up. it achieves NOTHING, just prolongs the child's experiences, maybe

This is absolutely horrific, disgusting, wrong. Plain wrong. Your child is a human being, you do not treat it as a petition, as an object to play with. Your actions (naming, dressing, etc) to him or her as a child and the way you treat him or her will reflect, and naming a child is no game, absolutely not. (Anyone hear about the man naming his daughter "Facebook" - what kind of name is that?!)

Defending their decision, Kathy said, “With the baby, even the people who love the most and know you intimately, the first question they ask is, ‘“Is it a girl or a boy?â€Â’ David added, “If you really want to get to know someone, you don’t ask what’s between their legs.’

People ask if it is a boy or a girl so that they may say "She's so cute" or "He's so handsome" and for Christs sake, it's a baby and they're relatives or friends - they're not TRYING to get between the kids legs! Knowing gender helps with buying proper clothes as well or toys.

Their sons Jazz, five, and Kio, two, have the freedom to dress themselves and decide when they want to cut their hair. Kio’s favourite colour is purple and older sibling Jazz has long hair, he likes pink.

After being mistaken for a girl and home schooled because of how people would, “immediately react with Jazz over his gender†the couple decided to raise Storm genderless.

Just because their son Jazz was bullied does not mean they should resort to making their other child, Storm, genderless. That is not a solution, that poor child will have so many problems growing up.

sorry but i dn't think it is a not bad thing, if me or Michelle have had that choice when we were younger it would have solved a lot of years wasted in the wrong gender and alot of heart ache of worrying about what others think, i would have made the decision at an earlier age, which would have aided my transistion, instead of waiting and wasting 30+ years of my life in the wrong gender, i have missed all them younger years of living as female. enjoying my life, it as only been the 3 years where i have been able to be me, without any constraints, and i honestly dont care what others think, if they dont accept then they can get stuffed, i am jennifer now not martin, if you dont like tough.

and that about as mild as i can put it at the moment, with my mother having just died, i wanted to say something stronger but would have probably got banned