2nd Dog--Good Or Bad?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just as an info... Huskies aren't really prone to hip dysplasia. From around 144 breeds that are prone to that sickness, huskies are sitting at number 142 or around that.

For the user that assumes Diamond is ignoring me---> Yes I believe you're right but I have no idea why. He always listens to me. I know he hates cats but if I say "no, don't" he will never jump to the cat even if he's standing a few centimeters from the horrified feline XD He will also stop doing whatever he's currently doing if I say "no!" and on top of all he never pulls me. If there's any husky that walks really nicely on the leash that would be my Diamond LOL

He probably goes deep into a zone when he sees another dog for x,y,z reason, You need to snap him out of it. I quick sort of cupped hand to the neck, does the trick, It will have to be quite firm as Sibes are hardy dogs, It won't hurt him, but will hopefully snap him out of that focus on the other dog, after the touch, use your body to block his view of the other dog, don't say anything until he focuses on you.

Nice advice! =D I've heard about that neck touch before.. But I've never used it on Diamond (yet)!

For people who spent some of their precious time to help me--> Thanks a lot for your time and advice, they are deeply appreciated. I've started training with Diamond to control his "friendly" behavior and he's progressing very very well. Mostly because of your posts! ^0^ I bet he'll be calm even if there are ten dogs across the road in no time ;)

just as an info... Huskies aren't really prone to hip dysplasia. From around 144 breeds that are prone to that sickness, huskies are sitting at number 142 or around that.

Thats because backyard breeders pawn their dogs off to the pound before the first litter half the time, because they realize they are so much work.

AND people are very passionate about the breed. I wish more where for the GSD :(

It does sound like breeders are taking action on the HD though. With the OFA and all.

Trey.