New smilies being added

Sarah

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BlueWolf we NEED this lol

Added it :)

I'm a bit hesitant about adding more smilies to be honest. Think the way the smilies are listed right now need to get a bit of a change. With the tab there's just too much in one place. The browser on my laptop freezes to an unusable state when I open it. The other one smiley button, the one that makes you need to scroll A LOT to get to the smiley you want is silly as well. @Marc Do you happen to know some kind of smiley-addon for XenForo that can manage a huge amount of smilies? Maybe categorizing it? Hyves (Facebook-clone - but don't tell the owners!) has the same amount of smilies and they have it all categorised by mood, really helps a lot with this amount of smilies.

I'm a bit hesitant about adding more smilies to be honest. Think the way the smilies are listed right now need to get a bit of a change. With the tab there's just too much in one place. The browser on my laptop freezes to an unusable state when I open it. The other one smiley button, the one that makes you need to scroll A LOT to get to the smiley you want is silly as well. @Marc Do you happen to know some kind of smiley-addon for XenForo that can manage a huge amount of smilies? Maybe categorizing it? Hyves (Facebook-clone - but don't tell the owners!) has the same amount of smilies and they have it all categorised by mood, really helps a lot with this amount of smilies.

Agreed, I was thinking about this while mowing the other day.

Something by category, I could throw something together with javascript/jquery. But it would be pointless because I have no idea how to write plugins for this system. Unless you could easily integrate it.

Either way, there are to many at the same time for sure. And they at the very least need pages. and, HAHA! you're browser/laptop freezes :P

Trey.

Thats a good idea :up:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added this one for those who feel talkative without being talkative: :nothingtoadd:

I know we still need to change the way the smileys show up, but as of yet there is no plugin for it and atm I feel too lazy to do it myself. So right now I don't care about it, as long as the smiley-dropdown at the TOP of the message stays because the smilies-tab is still lagging like hell here, although it seems to only affect me :confused: