dukey doo is now playing in doggy heaven

just to let u know my poor baby boy dukey doo has passed away today.

He hadnt been well for a while with kennel cough but he was alot better after having time out and vet visits. Took him out today and he colapsed on me,by the time we rushed him to the vets he was gone.

So duke is now going to be playing with lots of other doggies in doggy heaven.

Any tips on what to tell my 3 yr old would be much apreciated.sorry to give everyone this sad terrible news xx

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear this news - Run free over the bridge poor Duke. Huge condolences to you and your family Katie.

With regards to your little boy, at 3 he will probably not completely understand what has happened but just tell him what has happened to Duke and he will process it, tell him its ok to be sad and cry and ask questions and just be completely honest.

so very sorry to hear your sad news, at 3 years old your wee one won't have any concept of the final-ness of poor Duke's passing but will remember the sadness that you now have to deal with. My son was 3 when I lost my first ever dog and I was inconsolable for days - after that whenever my son was upset he would say it was because he missed Kyle but I think he just remembered the sadness.

Poor Katie.cry.gif

So sorry you've lost Duke.burn.gif

We remember him from when you first joined and put up those gorgeous Pics of you sweet young boy.

Run Free you handsome boy.

wow katie i am soooooo sorry for your loss hunni

duke was loved by all (and we all wanted to steal him lol)

massive hugs from me and my pack!!!!!!

cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

tell your three year old that duke was such a good boy that the angels wanted to play with him in heaven!!!!!

i am devastated for you chick

kells x

For those who never met Duke.

This is the poor boy now running free

He was UNIQUE.

gallery_1740_491_682947.jpg

gallery_1740_1337_97248.jpg

omg huni i am so so sorry.....i am so shocked to be reading this...i know how devaststed you must be right now :(

is there anything i can do to help huni?? xxxxx

R.I.P Dukey Doo.....you really were an amazin ball of fluff...we will miss you loads xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sorry huni..jst re-read the posts......we had to put billy to sleep last nov- he was our cat, 8yrs old and had him since he was 8wk old...he had caught cancer so it jst was the right thing to do even though it was heartbreaking....chloe came with us to the vets and said goodbye to him and i think she understands......she still talks about him everyday but instead of asking when is he coming home- which is all she did for about a month afterwards..she now says he is up in the clouds in heaven so she must understand

im sure samuel will be fine huni...he will deal with it in his own way........we got a nice plant for the garden which is our billy plant- we have a pic of billy laminated next to the plant so chloe always has somewhere to look at him xxxxx

I'm so so sorry for your loss Katie

Run free Duke gorgeous boy!

children handle things a lot better than we do so try not to worry about your son,he will be sad,but they dont dwell on their sadness at that age.

bless you all am thinking of you sweetheart

he was a gorgeous boy,and had the best of his short life filled with love!!

thank u again for the messages.

Feel ive let dukey down.the vet said it could have been a number of different things which has caused him to end in the way he did.atleast i was holding him while he went in the car and he knew how much he was loved.

Ive explained to samuel whats happened but i know he will ask me wheres duke in the morning when we come downstairs.

Xx