Husky Camp 2012 for Oversea's Members

As you all know at our Husky Camp 2011 we were joined by Jos (aka Bluewolf) from the Netherlands.

This got us thinking about how we can get members from abroad to some of our meets so....... we have decided to try and fund raise throughout the year to raise money for a member from overseas to join us at our annual camping event!!

Accommodation will be provided all you would need is clothes and a camera. You would also be collected from the airport and taken back after the mini break.

Hopefully this will give our overseas members something exciting to look forward to!

So - how will it work?

Well, nearer the time - probably January, a huge raffle will take place where every overseas member that has expressed an interest in joining the camping weekend will have their name put in a hat, please note that this will only apply to overseas members who have made over 500 posts to the forum. The winner will then receive return flight ticket to come to Husky Camp 2012!!!

Fundraising ideas are already under way and there will be a closed thread detailing how much we raise throughout the year.

I know we can do this - people on here helped raise £190 to get a member from the south to the north of England so i'm sure we can pull this off :D

Money left over will be donated to a husky rescue centre!!!

Keep your eye's peeled for more details ;)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that idea! Will definitely help those who love to come but aren't up for spending a load of money for the big travel. Wondering who will join the raffle :-)

(FYI I will not joining the raffle. I know I will be coming to the next April camp either way. I've already been there so I feel it's more useful for those who've never been there yet :) )

What a thoughtful idea. This will be great for everyone involved. +1 :dance: