Osama Bin Laden is now dead!

True that removing one evil man from the earth won't remove evil... However, removing evil where we find it - that's a good thing. I also am glad that he was killed outright, and dumped into the sea. It gives less of a focus for his followers, and as was pointed out previously, doesn't allow messages to pass between him and his followers OR a lot of fuss over any perceived "rights" he might have.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all very good him being dead, but what many people don't know is that there was also a 2nd in command just as powerful as Bin larden. All what will happen now is either the Taliban are going to get there vengance back and bomb America (possibly again) or even maybe England, who is to say what the Al Qaeda will do? Then what will happen, I mean it's not like the country is already in trouble....

thing is that Bin larden is dead but... The followers on the other hand aren't, they are just going to be so mad and so annoyed, there's going to be even more suicide bombings and terrorist attacks.

(my thoughts any way)

Very good reply from someone so young :)

They may have killed him but wheres the proof? I want to see a body. That bas*ard did terrible things and now there is not even proof that hes gone...hmmm

Exactly what im thinking.....seems a bit suspect to me........... Killed in a gunfight? Buried at Sea? hmmmm

Im not so sure.... sorry to be the party pooper but i just dont believe it until i see some more, quantifiable proof. I hope the news does create more peace, though. Whether it will or not, who knows.

True that removing one evil man from the earth won't remove evil... However, removing evil where we find it - that's a good thing. I also am glad that he was killed outright, and dumped into the sea. It gives less of a focus for his followers, and as was pointed out previously, doesn't allow messages to pass between him and his followers OR a lot of fuss over any perceived "rights" he might have.

Agree 100% I am very glad he is gone !

I hope someone put a couple of ham hocks in the bag when they dumped the corpse overboard.

Can you imagine Osama's last minutes? He's given up by a wife, his last sight was a Navy Seal with an M5, and then he finds out there are no virgins.

I have mixed emotions about this news. It's great to hear that they finally found him but is regrettable that he will not face justice for his crimes. I'm greatly concerned that this manner of death will make him a martyr to other terrorists and aid in recruitment of others. It also calls into question Pakistans determination in the fight against terrorists as he was found 'hiding' in a luxury compound within Pakistan.

The Pakistani government was not told of the operation, and they're angry about that. We've known for a long time that the Pakistani government has been supporting Osama, or at the very least some part of that government, and the US Military knew that if anyone in the Pakistani government knew about the grab and go mission, Osama wouldn't be there.

The only justice equal to bin laden's crimes has to be applied in the afterworld. Nothing we could do to him here would come close to justice.

The kill team will never again have to buy their own beer on any military base around the world.

Way to go, guys!

What do you lot want, him stuck on a spike and paraded throught New York and London, then quarter him and send the pices to the four corners of the world,,:D well I dont think we will be getting anymore videos off him :lol:

Speaking from a critical point of view, I think is not worth celebrating over something like this. Yes, a very hated guy got killed, but that is the least of our problems. Osama's influence began to decay along time ago and I would not be the least surprised if this is all just a gambit and if not realized soon enough can have severe outcomes not in favor of the US. the search for Osama was nothing more than a wild-goose chase that effectively diverted resources from the overall war on terrorism.

Osama's death in this war is as important as a serial killer losing a finger, it aint gonna stop much.

What do you lot want, him stuck on a spike and paraded throught New York and London, then quarter him and send the pices to the four corners of the world,,:D well I dont think we will be getting anymore videos off him :lol:

Actually, I'd have liked his corpse laid in the middle of the WTC site for a week. Allow any New Yorker or other American who wanted the opportunity to spit on the corpse. Then, put the corpse in a coffin lined with pig skin and cremate it. Finally, scatter the ashes in the harbor.

But that's just me.

Speaking from a critical point of view, I think is not worth celebrating over something like this. Yes, a very hated guy got killed, but that is the least of our problems. Osama's influence began to decay along time ago and I would not be the least surprised if this is all just a gambit and if not realized soon enough can have severe outcomes not in favor of the US. the search for Osama was nothing more than a wild-goose chase that effectively diverted resources from the overall war on terrorism.

Osama's death in this war is as important as a serial killer losing a finger, it aint gonna stop much.

It's a significant psychological event for the US. You're correct, this isn't going to stop the hordes of people who want to kill us and anyone who thinks it will is a little delusional, but it is significant in itself.

When President Barack Obama addressed the nation late on Sunday night to announce the death of Al Quaeda leader Osama Bin Laden, he confirmed that the U.S. "took custody of [bin Laden's] body." Special Operations forces confirmed through forensic and DNA testing that the body in custody was in fact that of the man the U.S. has hunted for nearly a decade.

We can expect photos to be taken of the body and, in all likelihood, released to the media in some form before the body is buried by Monday afternoon in accordance with Muslim law. FOX News reports that the photo has already been shown on television in Pakistan, where Bin Laden was found in a mansion on a compound.

While the release of photos is expected if only to silence skeptics, the likelihood of any such photograph being shown on American television without significant censoring or blurring is very slim. Bin Laden's body is described as being in "gruesome" condition, as can be expected as his cause of death was at least one shot to the head.

[uPDATE] A photo has been leaked that is said to depict the body of Bin Laden; authenticity has not been confirmed. Zap2it will not be posting said photo.

Source: http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/05/osama-bin-laden-dead-photo-of-body-unlikely-to-be-seen-on-us-television.html

Sigh: More conflicting news. Was he thrown in the sea or not? Was DNA taken or not?

why celebrate death, yes he's most probably a very evil man, but death shouldn't ever be celebrated. Besides death is a release not a punishment.

I'm guessing that what I'm feeling is similar to what my grandparents felt when Hitler committed suicide. Relief, a sense of justice finally being delivered, and a degree of celebratory happiness. The man was pure evil and I'm glad the world is rid of him.

Actually, I'd have liked his corpse laid in the middle of the WTC site for a week. Allow any New Yorker or other American who wanted the opportunity to spit on the corpse. Then, put the corpse in a coffin lined with pig skin and cremate it. Finally, scatter the ashes in the harbor.

But that's just me.

Photo/videographic evidence would do for me :)

It's a significant psychological event for the US. You're correct, this isn't going to stop the hordes of people who want to kill us and anyone who thinks it will is a little delusional, but it is significant in itself.

I agree it helps boost morale, and it even helps obama's chances for reelection, but my beef is not with the people but rather with the higher ups. I just hope they don't let the trail go cold just because osama is dead, and I just hope they are smart enough to realize that this event, in and of itself, is not a victory of any sort but just another strategic move from the so called "terrorist." It's like a game of chess, you can take the queen away, but doesn't mean you shouldn't be afraid of the pawns, since any pawn can become a queen (or a rook, or a bishop but that's beside the point)

I'm one of those people who thinks we need to get over our emotions and be happy just for the sake of being happy, so I find no enjoyment in his death and rather focus on the possible retaliation.

Apparently two Dutch guys are trying to sue the US for the murder on Osama :blink:

No, I'm not joking. I just read it in the news. According to them the terrorist leader has been killed in a firefight and therefore is a liquidation. The police doesn't know what to do with them and said the report hasn't been recorded as it's not a case for them to solve. They have redirected them to the International Criminal Court in The Hague.

:blink: :blink:

umm i dont mean to be rude or put a damper on anyones celebrations...but im not the first neither will i be the last to question if this actually even happened...the entire we got OBL ans pakistan knew nothing about it...im frm pakistan and the way the intl media is portraying it..it seems like they wud like the world to believe that pakistan had no idea that 2 american choppers flew 5 hours into pakistani airspace and our airforce was not aware of this...seriously...are u kidding me? we may not be one of the richest countries in the world but our airforce is amongst the top 5...and as far as OBL hiding out in a million dollar mansion...plz do me a favor and google property prices in abbottabad (my moms family is frm there and most of them still live there) i doubt there is a single million dollar mansion in the entire place let alone the one he was 'suppsdly' hiding in. Also the so called photos of the dead OBL are also a little dicey to say the least...and dont even get me started on the so-called islamic burial...there is no such thing as a water burial in islam...i understand the need to ensure a shrine wudnt eventually be built but that cud have been avoided by an unmarked grave...so yes there are quite a few question marks here...!

‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

From what I have read, the mission was supposed to be a 'capture' mission. However, when the Deltas got fired upon, they returned fire. Supposedly Osama was firing at the Deltas, so they popped him in the head. At least he is gone.

Buried at sea? There is no grave for his followers to idol. He was 'buried' within 24 hours, thereby respecting his Muslim religious beliefs, while giving a big middle finger to those who followed him. Great decision, IMO.

I know most of you are from countries which do not allow guns, so you probably won't appreciate the next comment. I watched President Obama's speech while loading my spare AR15 magazines with ammunition. I'm prepared in case these wackadoos want to bring it to our soil. I'm a marksman ;)

I find it sickening how there were celebrations in the U.S streets. Sure, the man was evil and did terrible things. He deserved justice. But his death was insignificant.

A man is dead; but the ideaology is not. They will continue as another leader will rise up to take Osama's place. There will be negative backlash on the U.S and her allies.

The celebrations shows how sick and primal our society still is. We celebrate the death of a man in revenge - which is what Native tribes did after wars. We demand a picture of the man's dead body from the government - the equivalent of bringing the enemy's head on a stick in Native tribal wars. Osama's death will not bring the victims back and will only anger his followers. It took 10 years to find Osama - and now the United States is gloating about it. There is nothing to gloat about a death - no matter how evil the man was. (Except for maybe Hitler.)

The media is making things worse. It will further anger Osama's followers - and gives the man attention he still is not worthy of getting. The man is dead - now let it be. Be happy in your accomplishment but do not anger your enemies.

That's my opinion.