Osama Bin Laden is now dead!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me neither Gigi to be truthfully honest. If I feel this completely elated I can only imagine what those stationed our seas are feeling as they find out. Definitely a much needed morale booster for sure.

I can't say I blame them - they deserve the morale boost, big time!

Glad we have the body...

Dark Chocolate does not go well with the Champagne, I'll save it for morning. :dance:

I was already having strawberries, which DO go well with dark chocolate! Anyway, I don't have any Champagne around, at the moment. happy.png

I wont be shedding any tears either, but cant really see it changing much for the better, as someone is probably going to step into his shoes xx

You are probably right - I do see it as likely to have a benefit for morale for "our" troops, and a negative effect for the terrorists - at least I ope so!

I was already having strawberries, which DO go well with dark chocolate! Anyway, I don't have any Champagne around, at the moment. happy.png

You are probably right - I do see it as likely to have a benefit for morale for "our" troops, and a negative effect for the terrorists - at least I ope so!

Hopefully hun,

I have mixed emotions about this news. It's great to hear that they finally found him but is regrettable that he will not face justice for his crimes. I'm greatly concerned that this manner of death will make him a martyr to other terrorists and aid in recruitment of others. It also calls into question Pakistans determination in the fight against terrorists as he was found 'hiding' in a luxury compound within Pakistan.

First I have heard. I am on a media blackout at the minute, just so bored with the newspapers and news channels / sites. Husky Owners is now officially my new news channel!

With all the resources the US, UK etc have put into finding this guy I am surprised he has evaded capture/death for 10 years. While he is a figurehead of evil and his death is to be celebrated and is great news, it won't solve the problem or help "keep you safe". The threat has just shifted. Its now with the cells in Yemen and other lawless places around the globe and more of a concern, in our own back yards.

Today, however lets celebrate! :)

I am of the same opinion as Lee, I belive that his death will boost recruitment for terrorist movements, and I can see the US as number 1 target for them, he should have been taken alive so as he could have faced justice, having a hide out just outside a millitary acadermy in Pakistan is a worry, I wonder what the Pakistan goverment will have to say to that .

Shame he wasn't tried and punnished but i dont belive in killing anyway so thats probably why i feel that. Torture, punishment etc but not killing. I think its far worse to live through pain than to get the easy route and be killed.

They may have killed him but wheres the proof? I want to see a body. That bas*ard did terrible things and now there is not even proof that hes gone...hmmm

I'm concerened there may be something in place such as when he goes more terrorists become active...lets just say i wont be going into london for a few months.

I hope his death can bring a little comfort to the families of those he killed and the famlies of our boys and girls fighting out there who have lost their lives

I for one am glad to see that he is dead, better dead than in some prison where he would most likely be able to get messages out to people. For those in new York I hope it brings some peace. My concern is that if they were planning stuff already, with no one to give the 'go ahead' will they just do it anyway? Then again, it could send a big signal to all terrorists that they will, eventually, be brought to justice, one way or another. The wedding, bin laden gone...just need a 3rd bit of good news and the circle will be complete! (sorry for on a link, only way to post on the iPad, really stupid!)

if there are repercussions i dont think they will come so early.

and i would bet the US is the first place on their list.

the main event that they will prob try something if anything will be the Olympics.....

your prob more safe going now actually. everywhere is on alert so nothing will happen.