Formatting posts in mobile theme

BlueWolf

I use the mobile interface a lot on my tablet (the same interface you get when you access this site on a iPhone). Works fine for most of the time but I'm wondering if there are more people having problems with formatting their posts, in particular enters. Whenever I use an enter while in the mobile interface, they get removed in the final post. Sometimes quite annoying. And other thing is when you edit your post that has (for example) smileys in it. You'll get to see the raw html and when you submit your change your whole post gets borked. Am I the only one with this issue? Edit: Freakin' autoprediction!!

Glad you've mentioned this as I had no idea what was causing the html to show up rather than it being rendered correctly. Will have a look at the smilies tonight as looks like there must be something in them that is interupting the html.

Glad you've mentioned this as I had no idea what was causing the html to show up rather than it being rendered correctly. Will have a look at the smilies tonight as looks like there must be something in them that is interupting the html.

It's most likely because all replies are *usually* made in the rich text editor (RTE) which is used in the default theme but not in the mobile theme. This outputs html instead of plain text. When you view the output of the RTE editor in a normal text area you'll see all the html. If it's true that the forum stores only the processed html instead of (pre-processed) bbcode, then I don't think it's easy fixable.... Changing that would probably requires a forum-wide change.

It is probably the same why enters aren't registered when you don't use RTE. RTE changes enters to

and a plain text area does not. And as you know, plain enters in html are meaningless.

It's just speculation since I've never seen the back-end of this site, but I think this is probably the issue.

Something I hadnt thought of actually, but doesnt supprise me that its an invision problem. Had a few of those lately that are just waiting for a core software update.