ANNOUNCE - Gallery Donations - We need a better one

Marc

Gallery Donations - We need a better one

Yeah yeah its the money thing .... Not posted this up for a good while regarding donations for no other reason than I dont like doing so. The site is a free site for everyone who owns a husky to use and enjoy as many of you do. However the galleries are getting a bit of a mess and struggle to manage when people want to upload a large amount of photos, and there is a solution. Only problem being is the solution costs money.

Photopost is an addition that I can add to the forum that costs around 90 for a licence. Purchasing this would mean that the galleries within our profiles would be switched off and replaced by new ones that have far more features and are more of a focal point on the forum rather than hidden. It will allow you to upload multiple images in a zip file, flip images over, turn them round if needbe, rate them and more. It is basically a piece of software that is specifically designed for sites like ourselves that deal with thousands of images.

Thousands????? Sounds like far fetched as they are all very hidden about all over the place at the moment, but as an example Sarah uploaded 60+ in less than half an hour. We have been running now for around 5 Month so thats a lotta pics.

DONATING

Donating is easy and can be done using paypal. At the top of the forum you will notice we have a target bar that will fill up as people donate for the gallery. Once the target is met, I will purchase and install the gallery on the forum. To donate all you need to do is click on the link at the side of the target bar.

When you donate you will also have an additional tag under your name showing you as Premium member as a thankyou for donating along with additional storage in your PM box.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set up an account .. they easy enought to set up and quite handy to have to be honest ... If you click on the donate button, enter the amount you wish to donate then it will take you to the paypal screen where you can donate even if your not registered

we can only afford to donate 5.00 at the moment, i will get andy to do it, sorry it isn't much...

On the contrary sammie ..... Any amount is a good amount so thankyou :)

or can send a chq??

glad you've mentioned that. My bank accound aint the best looking thing in the world at the moment but I may be able to get some cash up together and was wondering if could get that into a bankers draft or postal order for you (dont have cheques!) and send it in post to you?

Thankyou for your Donation Sarah... Usergroup has now been changed..

For anyone unfamiliar with paypal and wants to use it for other reasons like ebaying and the likes but is struggling with cards, ya can set up an ebay account and add funds to the account by cheque etc as well if I remember rightly. Gotta admit paypal does really come in handy for online transactions. Personally I couldnt live without it lol

Thankyou for your Donation Sarah... Usergroup has now been changed..

For anyone unfamiliar with paypal and wants to use it for other reasons like ebaying and the likes but is struggling with cards, ya can set up an ebay account and add funds to the account by cheque etc as well if I remember rightly. Gotta admit paypal does really come in handy for online transactions. Personally I couldnt live without it lol

same here marc we have had a paypal since we joined up to ebay in 2005 so it is really handy and glad we could help with the site even if it was only a little amount

keep up the good work

As our donation to the site, I have decided that the site will be getting bigger that running on shared webspace (normal webspace for untech peeps) and therefore have decided to get our site moved over to a virtual private server where we will have a dedicated file system for the site.

To give ya's an idea of the difference. Our bandwidth usage allowance for the site (which we nearly hit and got switched off last month lol) will be increasing by 1400% and the space we can hold will increase by stupid% lol .... This will allow us the freedom to expand massivly over the next 12 month and start to make us THE site to be on for huskies.

In english - lol it means that we pay x per month and get a certain amount of space to have the site on but we were that busy last month we very nearly used all the space up - if that happens the site goes down so we've purchased a HELL of a lot of space so that this will not happen :)

In english - lol it means that we pay x per month and get a certain amount of space to have the site on but we were that busy last month we very nearly used all the space up - if that happens the site goes down so we've purchased a HELL of a lot of space so that this will not happen :)

is that gonna to be extra cost? If so will try and get something towards the gallery and extra space for you :)