extra skin???

Recently, Akira has developed this extra skin and thickness to her neck.

We put her on better food, and are adding some pumpkin to her diet (for stool consistency), but I can't see that adding extra skin!

Maybe it was always there, but it's just VERY noticeable now.

Does this mean she is going to grow more? I know she has some filling out to do, but I'm wondering if she is going to get taller?

She's 8 months and about 36-38 lbs... I'm guessing at about 18 inches (she is up to the top of my kneecap and i'm 5'5")

When I grab my girl's scruff, there's always a good amount of extra skin to get a good hold of. From the way they play, I think the extra skin is for protection when they go for eachother's throats. But yes, your's still has a lot of growing left.

My 9 month old pup and his sister are both going through a growth spurt right now - you can see that they are a little bit taller in the rear than they are in front - looks like they're walking downhill! All dogs - like humans - grow at different rates. The line of dogs I have generally does get the most of their height by the time they are about 7 months old, but these two (and a cousin of theirs, as well) seem to be growing at a slower rate than many of their relatives. Neither that, nor the extra skin around the neck sound like anything to worry about. smile.gif