At the risk of sparking a big interesting debate.. What are people's views on the Census? (UK)

Whats your thoughts on the fact that Lockheed Martin are involved? And the fact that the government are using false authority to threaten people?

To be honest all i know about Lockhead Martin is the jet building side of things and possible reverse engineering other countries aircraft during various wars oh and the involvement with so called UFO's ...... I have no idea why they would chose an American company to do it though and not a UK company.

As far as the government go, i don't really see what you can do about it, nobody seems to care enough to do anything about it including me, i don't mean that in a i don't care about anything way more of a its low down on my list of concerns right now kinda way !!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's any info in the census that the government couldn't find out if they wanted to, really. Name, address, workplace etc. Not much of a secret anyway.

There are laws with respect to the census:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Geo5/10-11/41

I don't see why you wouldn't fill it in... it only takes 10 minutes and I don't think it's useless at all. IMO, it's the easiest way to find out how many people there are in the country. Just think of the costs of starting to go through all the birth certificates, death certificates, national IDs, working visas and other documents that could help count the population.

I don't think there's any info in the census that the government couldn't find out if they wanted to, really. Name, address, workplace etc. Not much of a secret anyway.

There are laws with respect to the census:

http://www.legislati...a/Geo5/10-11/41

I don't see why you wouldn't fill it in... it only takes 10 minutes and I don't think it's useless at all. IMO, it's the easiest way to find out how many people there are in the country. Just think of the costs of starting to go through all the birth certificates, death certificates, national IDs, working visas and other documents that could help count the population.

Ahh i the census Act 1920 :)

Its legislation, not law though. The difference is that Acts/statutes or legislative rules of society, only given the force of law when given the consent of the governed. I dont give my consent, so im not obliged to fill it out. Like i say though, ive not refused to fill it in. Ive conditionally accepted. Once they answer a few little questions and give me hand signed promises over things like the security of my data etc, or the agreement that £150m of tax payers money wont got to funding the killing of thousands of innocent people, then i might do it :)

Its not because im being awkward, or because i feel its an inconvenience. I just feel that we're once again being lied to. Theyre misinforming people of the reasons for the census. I dont trust the government, and i certainly dont trust, or want to engage in any sort of activity with lockheed martin. Not under any circumstance, ever. Im doing it because i believe that the data will definatlry not stay with the ONS and the UK government. Because theyve lost data before, because of lockheed martin, and because politicians, and our government are dishonest, deceitful actors. Theres no reason for the census to be done. As many have said, there are other ways this data could be obtained, probably ways in which companies such as lockheed martin wouldnt be involved. Theres alot more going on behind closed doors than people seem capable of accepting as a possibility. If im completely wrong, and what the government says is true, about the census, certain company's involvement in it etc, then they shouldnt have a hard time proving it. So im waiting for that. That, and the proof that they can act without my consent. Because ive never given them my permission to do anything, but am expected to do as they say..... not really a free country is it? :P

I am doing (have been doing for a while now) my family tree. I love the census when I am searching for ancestors but hate giving out information about myself. BUT... re the need to know how many people are in the country - they're never going to know that now or do they give homeless peeps a copy to fill in? Or the people hiding under lorries etc? Religion... Thousands now put Jedi and some people (lol) put different religions to what they are. It is supposed to be a snapshot of what the country is at a given time. It is never going to be right.

Feel more ill at ease when I give out personal details when applying for a credit card etc. And really worry about national health details and school details on government databases. It's all a bit frightening when you think about it! :blink:

i filled it out after getting fed up with this man knocking on my door every other night making threats! AND THAT WAS SO OUT OF ORDER, i told him that i did not wish to fill it out and oh my god, i cant remember everything he said and he came 3 times in a week, but i do remember prison and fines, and due to the fact they can do what they want to me and what am i meant to do about it, i thought it best to do it in the end, but did attempt to try to stand up for my rights,....but failed :(

i filled it out after getting fed up with this man knocking on my door every other night making threats! AND THAT WAS SO OUT OF ORDER, i told him that i did not wish to fill it out and oh my god, i cant remember everything he said and he came 3 times in a week, but i do remember prison and fines, and due to the fact they can do what they want to me and what am i meant to do about it, i thought it best to do it in the end, but did attempt to try to stand up for my rights,....but failed :(

sounds intense :(

And did this cause you distress? Did you feel intimidated? .............. further demonstration of the Gov't breaking the law. Its BullSh*t..... the reason theyre putting so much pressure on people is because they need to get all the data they can for the people that are really behind it all .... big corporations. Otherwise they wont help the Gov't out.... one big example as i keep saying is Lockheed Martin - would you want to piss off the second biggest arms manufacturer in the world? Probably not? Especially when they provide you with all your weapons for "defence" and illegally obtaining oil.

Im sorry to hear that this happened to you :( You do totally have rights, and you did NOT have to fill it in. Well done for trying to stand up for what you feel is right though. It fills me with optimism :)

In all honesty it doesn't bother me one bit, I just filled the form in and sent it off.

Fair enough man....i dont really see how it couldnt possibly have even a slight effect on you knowing what theyre responsible for, and what the census is helping to pay for (Death and war). And if not that, then at the very least, that the money (you tax money) from the census is going out of the country instead of helping the financial harship this country is in, or the fact the government is lying about the whole thing? If not man then fair enough... but ive gotta say, that shocks me.

If you ask me

1. The government lie about everything which is why I won't vote

2. The government waste so much money its unreal, so filling in a census to me does not make much difference

3. War and destruction will always be a part of civilisation, not saying I agree with it, so again can't see how filling in a census makes a difference

Just my opinion, if that shocks you fine

If you ask me

1. The government lie about everything which is why I won't vote

2. The government waste so much money its unreal, so filling in a census to me does not make much difference

3. War and destruction will always be a part of civilisation, not saying I agree with it, so again can't see how filling in a census makes a difference

Just my opinion, if that shocks you fine

I would respond by saying

1. True, so why play to their rules and cave to their threats?

2. True again, but there are more of us than there are of them. So if eveyone that followed the same thought stream as this and acted upon it, things would certainly change.

3. Same as i said above. War totally does not have to be part of existance. Totally doesnt at all. Theres no need for it in any way, shape or form. Not filling in the census would have meant that the constractors couldnt be paid their money, and so weapons wouldnt have been made tc etc.

Im not trying to be a bigot in anyway btw :) It just shocks me that you dont mind handing money over to an arms manufacturer just because it appears that "thats life".....there has to be some motivation to change it, or it wont change :) If you dont want it to change, then again, thats fair enough :)

I would respond by saying

1. True, so why play to their rules and cave to their threats?

2. True again, but there are more of us than there are of them. So if eveyone that followed the same thought stream as this and acted upon it, things would certainly change.

3. Same as i said above. War totally does not have to be part of existance. Totally doesnt at all. Theres no need for it in any way, shape or form. Not filling in the census would have meant that the constractors couldnt be paid their money, and so weapons wouldnt have been made tc etc.

Im not trying to be a bigot in anyway btw :) It just shocks me that you dont mind handing money over to an arms manufacturer just because it appears that "thats life".....there has to be some motivation to change it, or it wont change :) If you dont want it to change, then again, thats fair enough :)

1. They didn't threaten me, I was happy to fill it in and never even realised that you could be fined for not filling it in

2. And replace them with who, more people who lie

3. If we had no defence budget then we would most likely be speaking German now rather than English, there are too many nut jobs out there running foreign countries so I am more than happy for the UK to have a defence system, even if it means throwing money at an arms manufacturer, and I have seen what war can do and the world will never change although World peace would be good, just will never happen

1. They didn't threaten me, I was happy to fill it in and never even realised that you could be fined for not filling it in

2. And replace them with who, more people who lie

3. If we had no defence budget then we would most likely be speaking German now rather than English, there are too many nut jobs out there running foreign countries so I am more than happy for the UK to have a defence system, even if it means throwing money at an arms manufacturer, and I have seen what war can do and the world will never change although World peace would be good, just will never happen

Fair play man... id say there is an alternative to the political system. I believe that, in essence, theres no need for any for of "leader" or someone who is supremely "in-charge" as such. Its a pretty in depth thing for me to go into here tbh and i wouldnt want to clog the thread up too much with it. But if you look up "The Venus Project" on google, thats pretty much what i am in support of and believe we should all be working towards. They have a few points i dont agree with, but on the whole its such a better way.

there is defence, such as us being attacked/invaded...but this isnt what we're involved in. And we havent been for years. All we've been doing is invading and destroying other countries.

I have no opinion on the UK Census, but, as for the US Census, it is a very important thing!

We only do it every 10 years, and it allows us to monitor population changes to adjust the need for local funding. Like, for roads, Stoplights, all that good stuff. If a city of 5,000, has grown to 12,000 in 10 years, you bet we need to know that, so the area gets the funding it needs to build more schools, and expand the city itself.

Sadly, we have some areas that are "No Gub'nint in mah bizness" that do not fill out the Census, and, sadly, this only ends up hurting the area, causing greater distrust.

"Group A doesn't trust the government, group doesn't fill out census, group doesn't get the funding it deserves for its area, they start to see that the 'other areas' are getting funding other than them, they start to get angry that they aren't getting the help they need, they trust the government less, they don't fill out the Census...etc."

It is a negative spiral. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to question "The Man" but Census shouldn't be one of them.

Fair play man... id say there is an alternative to the political system. I believe that, in essence, theres no need for any for of "leader" or someone who is supremely "in-charge" as such. Its a pretty in depth thing for me to go into here tbh and i wouldnt want to clog the thread up too much with it. But if you look up "The Venus Project" on google, thats pretty much what i am in support of and believe we should all be working towards. They have a few points i dont agree with, but on the whole its such a better way.

there is defence, such as us being attacked/invaded...but this isnt what we're involved in. And we havent been for years. All we've been doing is invading and destroying other countries.

Will look at the Venus Project tomorrow as I am still off work, although I doubt things will ever change in this country.

And regarding invading countries for years, how far back are you going as only the 2nd Gulf War is a dodgy issue, and whilst a lot of destruction happened a lot has been rebuilt in trying to restore the country

Will look at the Venus Project tomorrow as I am still off work, although I doubt things will ever change in this country.

And regarding invading countries for years, how far back are you going as only the 2nd Gulf War is a dodgy issue, and whilst a lot of destruction happened a lot has been rebuilt in trying to restore the country

Cool. Id say its going to be hard to change things, but its certainly possible. It needs a complete overhaul of how people think though...people need to stop living for themselves and their own interests...stop being so selfish etc..

There've been plenty of instances id say... Afghanistan in the seventies is the earliest one i can remember, im quite tired though.

Cool. Id say its going to be hard to change things, but its certainly possible. It needs a complete overhaul of how people think though...people need to stop living for themselves and their own interests...stop being so selfish etc..

There've been plenty of instances id say... Afghanistan in the seventies is the earliest one i can remember, im quite tired though.

Afghan in the 70's, was that not the Soviet Union that invaded, if so all we did was provide weapons to the Afghans,

The on going Arab - Israeli confilict? Egypt/suez crisis etc? The falklands?

The ongoing Arab-Israeli conflict, we haven't invaded over there, and the Falklands was started when the Argentinians invaded South Georgia and the FI which are British Islands wrongly or rightly so surely that is just the same as defending our own shores

Just had a quick look at the venus project out of interest can i just say the stand out thing for me was ...... 4 dvd box set $290 .......... hhmmmmm cash in perhaps .... i'm really not having a dig but my first view of the official website screamed dodgy !!!! Kinda like those american preaches that will save your soul and heal you for just $29.95. There seems to be a fair bit more info if you type in venus project scam ......

I admit i've never heard of it until now though so i have learned something from this thread !!!

Just had a quick look at the venus project out of interest can i just say the stand out thing for me was ...... 4 dvd box set $290 .......... hhmmmmm cash in perhaps .... i'm really not having a dig but my first view of the official website screamed dodgy !!!! Kinda like those american preaches that will save your soul and heal you for just $29.95. There seems to be a fair bit more info if you type in venus project scam ......

I admit i've never heard of it until now though so i have learned something from this thread !!!

im glad you picked up on the major thing that i have against it. Theyre talking about eliminating money, while asking insane amounts for you to find out how you can live without money. I think that their ideas could definatley be implemented. The hardest part about it would be persuading the rich and elite to give up this position so that everyone can be equal. Its a very utopian ideal, but we only have one life and we're all in it together, why not aim to make it the best it can be for our kids etc? There definatley will be more to find if you type in Venus Project Scam, but look at the authors of those sites. People who would lose out a hell of a lot (or seemingly so), are usually the ones bad mouthing it.

Glad youve learnt something :L

Take time to genuinely read the ideas of the Venus Project, because i really think they have got the right idea (except on a few points, like extortionately priced DvD's lol)

I will have a good read through it, its just that my first reaction was whoooooooa run away dodgy dodgy

I can't see that the people writing about it being a scam will be overly worried about losing anything because of the venus project if i'm honest !! Not in their lifetime anyway.

Well if it was to happen immediately they would... and if it happened further down the line, their company or their children, or their legacy etc would lose out? I wouldnt say that these people are particularly logical anyway. Any threat to the balance that tips in their favour would be an immediate threat to them mentally... theyd try nip it in the bud i would have thought.