At the risk of sparking a big interesting debate.. What are people's views on the Census? (UK)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will be interesting to see peoples relies,

because all i see is, you either do it or you get fined :lol:

you dont really have a choice.....

Common misconception, you do indeed have a choice :) Its not against the law to not fill it in. Also, the fine can only be attempted to be enforced if you "refuse" to fill it in. So if you dont refuse to fill it in, you cant be fined. There are a number of reasons why im not filling it in, but ill wait to see what people's views are before i delve into them :)

says on the government website -

Does it tell you which "law"? Because its negligence and an offence to quote and try to enforce "law" without presentation of it/reference to it.

There is a maxim of law in this country which is "ignorance of the law excuses no man." They cant just say its against the law, so you have to do it. You have to justify your actions in your quotation of the law youre attempting to cite. :)

im pretty sure that if a government website states its against the law, then i think they know what they are talking about.

would you assume so?

Ok, two questions in reference to the census, that spring to mind;

Would you assume that the people that come knocking on your door to ask why you havent returned a census form (i.e people emoployed by the government/paid with taxpayers money), would at least know the main company involved in this years census?

you would right? But they dont. Ive been told that when in training, and upon asking questions about this company, the people were told that they would not be allowed to ask such questions. The instructors said that they wouldnt "go into it" or "entertain any questions regarding this". Once you are aware of the answer to the question below, you will see why you shouldnt always trust the government.

Would you assume that the government would use a reputable and credible, moral and trustworthy company to obtain and process the data, and a UK based one at that - so that the money stays in the U.K economy?

You would again right? Ok, Lockheed Martin, is the main contractor to this years census. Here are some facts about them; American company. Found to be the number two most corrupt government contracted company in the US on counts of such things as contract fraud, embezzlement, sexual discriminiation, provision of illegal military equiptment, breach of the international law of human rights etc. They are the worlds second larget arms manufacturer and provide the US and UK, amongst other countries such as Israel etc with their weapons. And so, they are responsible for the killing of thousands of innocent people from direct bombing, unexploded cluster bombs that go off years later, depleted uranium poisening etc. They contracted out people to work at Guantanamo Bay to torture and interrogate people, as they did to Abu Gharim (all the pictures of people urinating on iraqi soldiers etc). They, being an American company, are subject to the Patriot Act, which means, when asked to do so - have to give all details of all customers (in this case, us) to the US government/CIA.... and we're just getting started :P

haha, do the points i raised not have any effect on you? Im clearly far too idealistic / naive then eh?

Ah well, its only another £150M of the tax payers money going towards more murder and more "terrorism" if there is such a thing. Oh, theres an interesting point. Look at the governments definition of the word terrorism, as found in the terrorism act 2000......sounds like the census to me ;)

As i say, the Census is not law just because the government tell you it is. If youre that ready to believe the same government thats screwing us all out of millions of pounds, and several of our fundamental, natural and supposedly inalienable god given rights, then ill know not to try bring the point up again :P

It doesnt suprise me that people filled it in, and ive got nothing against those who did. All the facts were'nt and still havent been presented to be honest. Im still not refusing to fill it in, although you could on religious grounds, as stated by the "law" which gives the census its authority. Ive conditionally accepted the contract offer, but the government are yet to meet my terms and conditions :P

it doesnt matter what i believe about what the government has to say, i just dont see the point in being awkward, its not hard to fill it in like nearly everyone else......

and if you dont want to fill it in then that is up to you, i dont really care to be honest.

Well i thought you HAD to fill it in too, but to be honest theres nothing that pressing or private on there that somebody couldn't find out about me with a little light research anyway. You could possibly find out more or as much about me looking at the post i've made on here. I do agree it's all a bit of a waste of money though.

I put Jedi too Sid laugh.gif

it doesnt matter what i believe about what the government has to say, i just dont see the point in being awkward, its not hard to fill it in like nearly everyone else......

and if you dont want to fill it in then that is up to you, i dont really care to be honest.

sorry, i must have misunderstood your post, where you quoted the government website and said that you think the government know what theyre talking about. My mistake.

Its not a case of being awkward. Its the fact that i dont feel comfortable, helping to pay for the murder of innocent people. And i dont trust the government with my information. And the fact you genuinely dont have to do it, but the government threaten you.... these things dont bother you at all? All those people dying, the fact that your information can and will be passed on to anyone, and the fact that youre being told lies by the people that are supposed to make this country, and this world a better place to live in? Youre fine with that? If you are, then ok. But that would massively suprise me if you are.

Well i thought you HAD to fill it in too, but to be honest theres nothing that pressing or private on there that somebody couldn't find out about me with a little light research anyway. You could possibly find out more or as much about me looking at the post i've made on here. I do agree it's all a bit of a waste of money though.

I put Jedi too Sid laugh.gif

Whats your thoughts on the fact that Lockheed Martin are involved? And the fact that the government are using false authority to threaten people?