Official UK Camps

Marc

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentiond on Andys thread...

"I think that we should advertise if we can offer a lift. For example if i can go i will be driving and have space in the car.

Maybe a section under the 'All husky owners camp details' where people could attach a map of the route they will be taking and how much space is in the car. This way people who don't drive could get there easier and i know i would be more than happy for a small divert to pick someone up :D "

I mentiond on Andys thread...

"I think that we should advertise if we can offer a lift. For example if i can go i will be driving and have space in the car.

Maybe a section under the 'All husky owners camp details' where people could attach a map of the route they will be taking and how much space is in the car. This way people who don't drive could get there easier and i know i would be more than happy for a small divert to pick someone up :D "

This is a really good idea Dave and nice offer, I will put up a section that all camp details can be placed and seen as its your idea you may start the thread and let see how many others might able to offer the same :)

thanks for that marc :D i will have a word with ian and see what he says...april is prob better for us than oct as its abit too cold for chloe in oct :lol: ......as the site in wales has caravans it may be more appealing...ian has been camping before but im not really into the whole sleeping outside stuff...me and nature dont really get on well :lol:

will keep me eye on this though...2012 is abit too far away yet to be deciding anything :lol:

I could technically make either trip but from September this year I'll be starting my 3rd and final year of university so I'll have a massive dissertation to be working on. That'll probably restrict me to having all my fun before this year is out so I can crack on with writing the damned this from the new year until it's due in :P So count me in for the October one (as long as it's not insanely far away :D). It'll be just me and one doggie, unless a friend wants to come along or something :)

That sounds GREAT!!!!!

I was tempted to persuade Ian to go up there, but with lack of holiday, money and little'un settling that wasn't to be.

The knowledge of them doing static ones and still allowing dogs will mean it is even more of a possibility for us to attend the one in Wales...especially seeing Ian knows roughly where it is as Ian had friends living in the area...

was speaking with ian lastnight about it and he is all for it...as soon as i mentioned caravans it appealed alot more to him...he doesnt think chloe will like it in a tent :lol:

so it looks as though we will be there...the camp in wales i mean :D aslong as we can get a good price for a weekend stop in a caravan ;)

Erm.....may hit a sang with those dates....when I try to do a price for the caravans for those dates, I cant select the dates, earliest one I can do for 2012 is Easter weekend...:unsure:

Is this campsite open all year?

if you hold fire on pricing up as Dunc is negotiating a discount again and will post up when he gets the go ahead smile.gif

some of us cant afford to travel - just to get to the reading meet its going to cost me around £40 which i cant really afford whilst having driving lessons

and we cant always get lifts off people either

whilst it IS easy for some people its really really difficult for others - specially if some peoples dogs cant travel far well very

I may make next year IF i can get mobile (a car) I could not do more than an hour on the train with Yuri as he starts trying to jump on people. I've not tried it with Aya, but couldn't cope with 2 dogs on the train for that long and there is no way I could take their crate on there either because it's a chore just getting it up and down the stairs!