US/Iowa Meet-up T-shirt design

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all look great! How will you all choose? :D

I sort of like the "highest bidder" system. LOL Maybe Gigi and Becky could select several that they like, say maybe six. Then put them up on a poll to be voted on.

I'm not completely sure how we're going to pick - it may depend on cost, at least in part. There are so many good designs, though! I would guess we'll pick a couple and see what it would cost to have shirts printed with that/those design(s), and go from there... smile.gif

These are awesome!

In the post Gigi just mentioned, there is a set of eyes that Andy posted of Daughtry. Since he's helping out, maybe he wouldn't mind them on the shirt!;)

Yep feel Free if you want to use Daughtry's eyes go ahead. biggrin.gif

eyes-1.jpg

Thanks, Nanci - I appreciate the offer!!!

We aren't totally sure what we're going to do - it will depend on pricing, and the more we put on, the more expensive they'll be! Becky's looking into prices - how much it would cost to do something like a design for the back, and then maybe the Husky-Owners logo and our names on the front. We particularly wanted names on the front to make it easier when we're talking to each other (since most of us have never met!), and it will also be easier for people to identify us in any pictures we post!

The guy she's talking to is local, and she knows the quality of his work and the quality of the shirts he uses, which she says are quite nice, and should last well. It sounds like she's mostly interested in screen printing, but I'm not at all sure that's set in stone, either.

Regardless of what is eventually chosen, I know that both of us really appreciate the great ideas and input everyone has given us! smile.gif

Keeping things simple in case the print costs for the colour designs run too high. biggrin.gif

iowameetdesign5.jpg

If we are looking for a new set of eyes, I saw someone's avatar on here that might be a good choice. I haven't asked him if we can use it but if we feel we may like to use it then we can ask.

The member is Silver. His sibe's name is Sterling Silver AKA Nightmare.

gallery_4804_1601_3738.jpg

He has some gorgeous pics of his husky as well so here is the link to a thread with his pics if you are curious. Very beautiful dog.

Oh, Andy! I liked the other, similar one a lot, but I really LOVE that one! Thanks! ohmy.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

Nelson, that is a great picture of eyes, you're right! Not sure what's going to happen, yet, but would be good if we decided to use one with eyes in it - thanks! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Keeping things simple in case the print costs for the colour designs run too high. biggrin.gif

iowameetdesign5.jpg

This is the design we have chosen, after a great deal of thought and talk. It will be printed on red shirts to save cost - that way, we can use the red of the shirt for the red stripes, and will then have only black, white and blue ink costs. The shirts are of very good quality, based on what Becky has told me... I'll have her post prices, although if memory serves, it was something like $18 (US) for regular sizes, and a couple dollars more for larger sizes. :doglick:

@austinville