US/Iowa Meet-up T-shirt design

ye i can sort that out 4 am now lol going bed haha will jump back on photo shop tomorrow and sort the iowa logo out

By all means - get some sleep! (More creative afterwards, anyway!) Thanks for your efforts - they're fantastic!

Lee, the font may be a bit too collegiate or military looking. Can you try a font that is more rounded? Comic sans is a nice easy to read font, that is not too formal, yet does not look too laid back either. All caps is a bit more difficult to read quickly than a mix of UPPER/lower or all lower case. I like USA-Iowa as opposed to U.S. IOWA (reminds me of the U.S.S. IOWA battleship), and between the two text units (www.husk. . . . . and Meet info, rather than hyphens, can you use a diamond symbol?

See what happens when you volunteer with such aptitude? Everyone who is talentless becomes a critic.

Oh, and send the bill to . . . . .

Good points! Comic Sans is the font I typically use, here - except for those occasions where I forget! I really like it - I have some vision problems, and it IS easy to read!

These designs are all looking great! Can't wait to see more. :)

Yeah, me too - this is great!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS LOGO spent 2hrs on this lol if this is geting close to what u want let me know ill put it on the t shirt to see what it looks like .. i can put the text on the same path if you want ?? dont know if i got the iowa 1 state icon right or is it a football team??? not a clue lol

IOWALOGO.jpg

I'd say no on the sunshine logo, that means nothing really.

How about an ear of corn. j/k lol

Love what I am seeing so far. We have a single color design thanks to Jennet, and then we can also price a multi-color design thanks to Lee. So once we decide on a couple designs we can then price them and see if the multi-color pricing would be more then people wanted to pay.

They all look fantastic! Keep them coming!

For lee:

I like the idea of the round "patch" on front at the pocket area, and then the husky eyes with the snow and the husky-owners.com logo on back? Keep the front simple and put the main design on the back? Just a thought, what does everyone else think?

Lee, I absolutely love the front. It looks awesome. I also feel the same about back 1 with the dog tracks. As far as the football logos go, avoid them like the plague. Universities see their logos used without authorization and all they see are $$$.

ok 3 new hear 1 front with just logo (simple) 2 for the back 1 more complex than the other

FRONT

T-Shirt-12.jpg

BACK 1

BACK 2 SIMPLE

T-Shirt-13.jpg

The designs are really coming along great.

With patch in front and the eyes in back it looks awesome!

I think the back one without the paw prints looks better. The paw prints draw your attention away from the eyes.

The site logo looks good with the eyese though.

Very nice, Marc!

One concern I have as people are using images of various dogs, is what is the copyright status of these images? It isn't likely that we'd have a real problem, given the number of shirts we're likely to be printing, and the fact that we aren't marketing them widely. That said, if someone used one of my photos without my consent, I wouldn't be completely happy, either!

I think that if we were to have any dog's head in a logo like that, Becky would prefer that it was Kimba's, since he's the logo-dog for the forum... I don't THINK Sarah would mind...

Lee, if you need/want a similar Eyes photo because of copyright issues, I have a similar-looking dog, and we could probably get something very like that - without the snow most likely at this point! Or, you could browse the forum - there was a thread of eyes pictures a while back, just get permission if you want to use someone's pics...

im going to have a go at this now i think :)

Oh Sparks, let Andy, Lee, and the others do all the work, then you swoop in and take over. I like your thinkin'.:D