US/Iowa Meet-up T-shirt design

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the circle logo needs to be maybe a bit smaller and more towards the pocket area. Then make the picture just a bit smaller and a little higher. Right now the picture is way too low and will be partially covered up if tucked in.

And then on the back of the shirt we could maybe put the official Husky Owners logo?

I would try to do these changes myself but I suck at these things.

Nice work lee. biggrin.gif

Gigi, if we lift the restriction on colours then i can also get . . . creative biggrin.gif

Get creative.....there is more than one way to get shirts done......

Many around here print transfers and then put them on the shirts. I'm sure Gigi won't be comparing prices for a bit. I think the color restrictions were based on screen printing (different screen for each color) If transfers are used, there wouldn't be a screen charge.

I think the circle logo needs to be maybe a bit smaller and more towards the pocket area. Then make the picture just a bit smaller and a little higher. Right now the picture is way too low and will be partially covered up if tucked in.

And then on the back of the shirt we could maybe put the official Husky Owners logo?

I would try to do these changes myself but I suck at these things.

All these things can be done and very easily.

However Gigi / Suitsibe has placed a restriction to 3 colours to keep the Print costs per head down.

The 3 colour restriction means that we have to get creative within those limitations. biggrin.gif

This is what I questioned the printer:

Am looking for information on some t-shirts to be printed. Am having the group to design the graphic, but they have questions I can't answer.

If I remember correctly, each different color requires a separate screen, correct?

What is most cost effective with the use of several colors in a design? Having them screen printed or having you make transfers and putting them on the shirts?

Which would last longer through washing/drying - screen printing or transfers?

This is the response:

Unless you could use an inkjet printed transfer, then the key to either screen printed or transfer desugbs with multiple colors is the quantity of shirts to be printed. Directo to garment inkjet printing is another option, but can be quite expensive. The best way for anyone to give you a concrete answer is to see the design, know the number of shirts to be printed and the color of the shirts.

I am amazed at all the talent. I do have one comment, and maybe it's just me. The logo with the red and white stripes within the outline of the Husky's head, sort of overwhelm the features of the lines, making it a challenge to see if it is a Husky. I'm wondering if someone did not know it's a Husky, would they realize it. I like the concept, but maybe a little tweaking; putting the red and white stripes behind the Husky and within the circle that surrounds the Husky's head. Don't know if that makes sense.

Very nice, Jennet - thanks!!! I like the head on the first one, overall, at least as long as it isn't confused with a wolf... Love the paw prints! smile.gif

Lee, I love the head on that particular dog - very pretty! However, there are no mountains anywhere near here (about a thousand miles west of here, lol!)... if you have time, would you do a design without mountains?

Mutant, 4-eyed Siberian, lol! biggrin.gif

Lee, the font may be a bit too collegiate or military looking. Can you try a font that is more rounded? Comic sans is a nice easy to read font, that is not too formal, yet does not look too laid back either. All caps is a bit more difficult to read quickly than a mix of UPPER/lower or all lower case. I like USA-Iowa as opposed to U.S. IOWA (reminds me of the U.S.S. IOWA battleship), and between the two text units (www.husk. . . . . and Meet info, rather than hyphens, can you use a diamond symbol?

See what happens when you volunteer with such aptitude? Everyone who is talentless becomes a critic.

Oh, and send the bill to . . . . .