Hello from Derby! (first time husky owners)

Hey! Hello everyone.

Sophia and I (simon) are engaged and live together in Derby in the East Midlands (UK). We went to look at some 2week old Husky cross Malamute pups yesterday and chose our little girl :)

We'll be picking her up in 4/5weeks or so and we're so excited to have our first Husky pup!

Her mother is a Husky and her father is an Alaskan Malamute. She takes after her mother, in that her colour is quite dark, but she is beautiful! We took a couple of pictures while we were there and ill put them up as soon as i figure out how to :)

We have another dog, called Teddy Pom Pom. He's............... a Pomeranian and he's lovely. He's a really happy cheeky little dog.

Im definitely interested in Bikejoring when our little girl is old enough, and ive done a good amount of research on it but id still like a bit of advice if anyone could spare a minute :)

I was just wondering what the best way to set up a rig is?

Thanks very much!!

Simon

xxx

IMG00064-20110411-1813.jpgIMG00063-20110411-1813.jpgpuppppys023.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

@Nix.... we didnt, but funny you should ask. The other day i was talking about dog behaviour at work and mentioned that i have a Pomeranian. My friend Jo was like "ohhh, there was a cute Pomeranian on Its me or the dog...what was it called....ermm...OH! Teddy Pom Pom it was." I was like...SERIOUSLY?!, thats what ours is called!! haha

@stacey - awesome! Maybe if there are any meets organised in the area in the near future we can have a nice chat in person. :) Or maybe we'll randomly bump into you on a walk one day?!! Where do you walk your dogs? :)

@ Aimee Lou - i put them up on my profile...i think haha. I hope you guys arent dissapointed with the fact that thee one i chose doesnt have a distinctive "mask" of white. The pictures really dont do her justice as to how beautiful she is!!

Welcome.

Do take time and read through the forum - so very much good information here. With huskies, you can never research enough - they are a very special breed and as I'm sure you know - not for everyone....though we're all smitten with ours. Pics please!

welcome to the pack :) did you get ur dogs name off its me or the dog? lol theres a pomerianianin one of her shows called teddy pom pom lol

cant wait to see pics of your pack :)

Oh yes! Teddy Pom Pom was a spoiled rotten little thing! I seen that one!

Thanks very much for the welcome!

I have certainly done alot of research for the last 6months or so, and am still reading more and more everyday. I want to get as much information/opinions/stories etc as possible :)

You can always learn more i think, so intend to keep learning so that i can be the best husky owner i can be :D

welcome to the forum, no matter what name you decide you will end up calling it

Leave

No

Here

Stop

wait

and many more, you may sometimes even use its name :rolleyes:,

look in the meets section as there is a big camping weekend this weekend in North Wales, try and get over for the day and see what you are letting yourself in for, either way will meet up sometime in Derby or Nottingham for a walk.

Oh she is sooooo gorgeous. The last pic is my fav!!!! Its great that you came here. We did a lot of research online about Husky's before we got our girl, but I got the best information on here. There are many photo and video discussions as well showing all the strange behaviors that you will soon experience from your own dog :lol: :lol:.

Enjoy and ask away if you have questions! I can't help with the rig either as I also use the walky dog bike attachment with mine. But someone will be able to answer. You can always start a new thread as well under a different category specifically for your question!

Can't wait to see more pics of the little cutie and I hope you will be able to decide on a name soon! :)

hello and welcome. no matter how hard you swot up there will always be something that makes you scratch your head :confused13: but thats what we are here for. It's great to have somewhere to come to ask those questions no matter how small or big or how silly you think they are you will almost always get an answer on here. :D xx