:-(

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the boys are doing what they do best, ganging up on Myshka while D watches on in glee!! :lol: No, they are fine - Steve & my son have taken all 4 for a walk to chill them out over the fields at the back, you focus on the job in hand (bad pun seeing as where the bite is :huh: ) the pooches are OK here until you are ready to collect them.

They are deep wounds but Mike's in the best place having the best care, and I can't understand your reasoning, Diz, as to apportioning fault - something obviously spooked Benjy & he struck catching Mike, nobody was taunting the dog or anything like it, it's just one of those sad episodes of fate, please don't look at pointing the finger at yourself, you are far from to blame. Ben has had a rough ride & something sparked fear today.

Let me know if you need anything doing, you know what I've told you about the boys; just keep us all updated when you can with how Mike's treatment is progressing, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awwww man ....sounds like Ben got him pretty good :( Hope Mike is ok and not in too much pain! Don't blame yourself for it.... watching or not, it happens so fast when they snap there is nothing you can do. Keep us updated on how things go with the surgery.

Just caught up with this,

Hope Mike makes a speedy recovery Diz,and hope you settle yourself too poor love.

You cant blame yourself and Mike wont be blaming you either.

best wishes to you both xx <<<hugs>>>

+1 val,a friend in need is a friend indeed,and i'm sure doggies are loving it at auntie vals!!

what just written a note on facebook saying exactly what happened-if someone could post ,it on here please that would be brilliant. Thanks marc-i can't work mike's phone at all so couldn't log on as me. Val, i can't thank you enough for letting oz and d stay-as soon as i know anything i'll let you know but i don't want to be without them tonight, but thank you for saying they could stay. We're still waiting for the surgeon as she's been in surgery since she left us. Thank you everyone xxx

From Diz's FB page

we went to pick up ben the foster dog, we were in the front garden chatting to the neighbours who'd come out to say goodbye. Ben was playing with dexter and kept coming back to me and mike to have a sniff or lick or stroke of us....mike was crouched down getting licked and giving ben a stroke, went to stand up and ben went for him, got his left hand, was shaking it, managed to get him off once but he kept lunging back and biting. Carol managed to get him back into the house while i held mike's hand in the air, mike went white and slumped, i was holding him up. Ben has managed to make 2 large puncture wounds of over 1cm on palm of hand and inbetween index finger and thumb but has 7 other punctures around thumb wrist and bottom of arm. Hand is purple with brushing. We went to st helen's walk in centre and she cleaned it while saline and dressed it and gave antibiotics. As we were leaving she ran after us and said that the hospital wanted to see him. We went straight there and came up to plastics ward and surgeon immediately said he needed surgery to cut away the skin, make sure there is no nerve or tendon damage and to put antibiotics straight into the bites. She is hoping to do that tonight but mike has a bed on the ward and may have to stay until tomoro, be on iv antibiotics tonight and have the op tomoro. Completely blame myself. You can say what you like but it won't make me not think that. I could deal with me being hurt but not mike. It's all my fault. Mike doesn't want anything to happen to ben and obviously if ur a dog person you understand but we're already getting people saying put him down :-( he just needs someone to look after in. He was beaten very badly when younger and has deformed jaw because of it. Carol has decided to get in touch with dogs trust tomoro, explain everything and ask for help. I.ve asked her to keep in touch and let me know what happens. Thank you all so much for your love and support. Val lisa dave dani keath and em you are amazing xxxxx

My thoughts are with you both. The precious care you give your fosters is a gift for the rest of us to notice. Please know that accidents happen. I don't know Mike, but I'm sure he doesn't hold you responsible, nor Ben. It was only an accident, though a terrible one. Here's hoping all goes well with surgery and that this won't haunt Ben forever either.

Hugs, hugs, hugs from across the pond.

Becky

hey everyone

thank you for all your well wishes, mike is staying in tonight, and having the op tomorrow......i left him just over an hour ago, went straight to vals to pick up the boys (thanks so much val and steve, i really can't thank you enough) and andrea and matt was good to get kisses of shadow and kia and nice to meet flynn...what a cutie :)

+1 lee for posting that for me

im missing mike like crazy, is going to be the first time i've been in our house on my own-doesn't help that for the past week abbie has been trying to convince me that we have demons in our attic and that my sat nav is going to kill me :rolleyes::( i think i'll be leaving the telly on all night

xxx

So sorry to hear of this Diz. The hospital is the best place for Mike to be right now. Sounds like he's getting excellent care. Like everyone else has said, don't blame yourself. These types of accidents happen so fast. Even though you may know the past history of your foster, you still can never be sure how they will react to different situations. I'm sitting on my couch right now with our newly adopted girl and even though the day has gone really well between her and Zoya, I'm still being very cautious with the two. Accidents like this is the risk one takes when working with these dogs. I, for one, commend you for doing what you do with fostering. Don't lose faith and keep up the good work. Wishing a speedy recovery to Mike....will say a little prayer for both of you.:)

:rolleyes: can't believe Mike managed to sleep on the SORE hand! I don't know! :rolleyes::P Listen, Diz, you need anything today, you, Mike or the pups, shout up. There's no need to thank anyone, wouldn't you do the same if the roles were reversed?? ;) Huge husky hugs coming to you & Mike, please let your next post be Mike has been to theatre & is now at home resting & recuperating :D

Lou Im the same! Cursing the fact that I dont either live closer of have my car already coz you know I'd have been straight up there yday to smush Diz!

Glad to hear Mike is getting everything done very well and asap.. big shout out to the wonderful Dr's and nurses doing a fab job up there!

Huuuuge hugs and loves to all! xxxxxxxxxxx :)