:( = Driving

Ha, my first lesson i nearly had a head on with a bus!!

a few lessons later i was paying more attention to people over taking me and nearly hit the curb, instructor had to steer me away from it!

You will be fine, i have days like that driving, even now - 11 years (nearly!) later....!!!

I recall the driving lesson I attempted to do without my contact lenses in...

I almost did the following things:

hit an entire family complete with baby in a carriage and the family dog whilst backing up

ran into a brick wall

ran into the front window of the post office

I did do the following things:

jumped a curb more than once

killed a rose bush, and demolished some poor womans garden

caused the escape of more profanity than i'd ever heard in my entire life

caused instructor to quit

Seee...your not doing so bad with a little heavy footedness and lane drifting

I recall the driving lesson I attempted to do without my contact lenses in...

I almost did the following things:

hit an entire family complete with baby in a carriage and the family dog whilst backing up

ran into a brick wall

ran into the front window of the post office

I did do the following things:

jumped a curb more than once

killed a rose bush, and demolished some poor womans garden

caused the escape of more profanity than i'd ever heard in my entire life

caused instructor to quit

Seee...your not doing so bad with a little heavy footedness and lane drifting

lollolol!

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it! I know my first few lessons were rough too, but I pulled through! Now I'll be going for my 'G' (final drivers license class) at the end of April.

Sometimes you have one of those moments. I had one day where everything confused me. I was turning left and just couldn't figure out how I could get the indicator on. Instead, I turned on the wipers on and off. The instructed looked at me and asked what I was trying to do. I had no idea why I turned on the wipers in order to turn left :blink: In fact, the indicators themselves WHERE already on in the first place :blink: :blink: Of course in all the confusion I also almost forgot to turn left :lol:

Sometimes you have on of those days. Just forget them, everyone has them once in a while and will completely understand you. It doesn't mean you suddenly forgot how to drive :lol:

Thats cool I am taking a Drivers E.D. class too!

I have those days too, particularly with a certain instructor who doesn't shut up the whole time we are in the car! He's constantly telling me how to do this or that or the other thing. I almost hit a dog because of it! O.O

awwwh huni ***hugs*** dont let it get you down....like the others have said, everyone has days like that...jst try and forget about it ad think POSITIVE thoughts.........if it makes you feel any better i gave up learning in manual after about 4months as jst couldnt find the bite point on my own- would stall it all the time aswell....was getting really frustrated so started to learn in an automatic.......passed not long after although i did take 3 times :blink:

Its just a blip in the road Nix :P Keep calm and don't panic all will be well again and you will pass in no time.

Its one area of life that I am glad to be as old as I am - I have been driving 29 years this year and my driving lessons were £6 an hour. I had a practical test and the theory was a few questions from the highway code asked by the Driving Examiner at the end of the test. Much more difficult nowadays I think :blink:

thing is ive been learning since september! :o

lol stephanie that cheered me up lol

Nix, your only chance to practice driving is during your lessons, right? That makes it so much harder to build up your confidence! The more you can practice, the better you're likely to get. Do your best now, and as you do get more practice in, you will get better!

I got my driver's license at 16, and just got to drive a little around town during high school and when I'd come home for college breaks. I moved to the Chicago area soon after, and had to learn to drive a manual transmission in busy traffic - talk about incentive to learn quickly! Hang in there - it does get easier, and eventually becomes largely automatic.

:)