Marc

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

never mind still looks impressive around the New York area :D

LOL - I guess it looks that way, but if you scroll in, there are 5 within 2 hours drive of each other. But then if you figure for NY traffic, make that 4 hours. LOL

Yea- there are a lot, but a long way in between. Also a lot of them are not active or haven't been on.

You will find even some of the inactive members will attend some of the meets. You tend to find some will have never posted, then turn up to a meet they see and become more active on the forum because of it. We always worked on the assumption that there would be more than post up when we first started the meets over here and most of the time this was the case ........ And now its just funny the amount of huskies in one place, expecially in the NW UK meets at times

I would love to participate in a meet! I looked at the map and there are only a few other people from Texas, but I am generally willing to travel. It would be easier to persuade my hubbie to join if it were in florida but if we can get something going I would love to help! I'm only going to school right now so it's not that big of a deal on time for me and my Shinoda! :D

Anyone in the New England area is more then welcome to join Boston Snow Dogs on meetup.com. We meet for both urban and sled mushing as well as socailizing. We live in NH, but they have events all over MA and Southern NH.

Wish I still lived up there! Grew up in Southern NH...most of my family is still up there. Maybe I will have to plan a trip around one of meet ups...

In NJ now.

Just posting an update/summary as to where we are at this juncture in time. I'll keep updating this every so often as we go along. I really would love to have a camp next year but would certainly need to know that there was enough interest to make it worth the effort of planning and such. There's been mention of doing a regional sort of thing of camp...thoughts on this? Anywho, based on the thread thus far here's where we're at. If I missed anything, lemme know and...keep with the feedback!!!

Wisconsin:

Jennet resuming husky meet ups on the west side of the state when the weather warms up (?)

Foxsfamily going to start them in door county when weather warms a bit

Florida:

Arooroomom (Kristina) coodrinates one in the southern portion of the state

SaraB is who to get ahold of if you're in central Florida for meet ups in Orlando, Sanford, Deland, Winter Springs

New York:

Woodsman (Richard) knows of a dog park in Staten Island that has a regular group of huskys frequenting it. Has promised to post info on upcomming meets. Contact him for more information.

Iowa:

October 15th and 16th-Siberian Club in Chicago having a Siberian show, contact Sutsibe for more information

Massachusettes/Southern Maine:

Get in touch with jmiles for info about urban and sled mushing group that also gets together for socialization.

Interested in Husky Camp USA 2012:

FoxsFamily

26Nikita

Just posting an update/summary as to where we are at this juncture in time. I'll keep updating this every so often as we go along. I really would love to have a camp next year but would certainly need to know that there was enough interest to make it worth the effort of planning and such. There's been mention of doing a regional sort of thing of camp...thoughts on this? Anywho, based on the thread thus far here's where we're at. If I missed anything, lemme know and...keep with the feedback!!!

Wisconsin:

Jennet resuming husky meet ups on the west side of the state when the weather warms up (?)

Florida:

SaraB is who to get ahold of if you're in central Florida for meet ups in Orlando, Sanford, Deland, Winter Springs

New York:

Woodsman (Richard) knows of a dog park in Staten Island that has a regular group of huskys frequenting it. Has promised to post info on upcomming meets. Contact him for more information.

Iowa:

October 15th and 16th-Siberian Club in Chicago having a Siberian show, contact Sutsibe for more information

Massachusettes/Southern New Hampshire:

Get in touch with jmiles for info about urban and sled mushing group that also gets together for socialization.

FoxsFamily

26Nikita

Very interesting. The last time I saw the map was when I put myself on there. At the time, there were only a dozen or so members on there. Now........Wow! Spread out all over the place but there are several of us in the New England area not too far from each other. It's possible, I suppose, at some point for something to work out up here. Nice idea, Marc.

Wisconsin:

Florida:

New York:

Iowa:

Massachusettes/Southern Maine:

FoxsFamily

26Nikita

Austinville

Wow--I didn't know there were any members that close to me! You're only a few hours away. We just started taking our Sibe to puppy class, and we met another husky there. I need to tell him about this forum as well. Maybe we could get something together on the east coast!

Oh hai! Yessss, recruitment starts NOW! :lol: