All american challenge!!!!

Marc

Message to everyone in America. I'm gonna give you guys a challenge.

if you go have a look at the member map (which bare in mind is not everyone, only those who have added), there are now a lot of members clumped in different areas around the states. So why dont you guys get yourselves some big meets set up?

I appreciate the distances are further to get to them in the states even for some who are relatively close to each other, so would advise trying to plan it a couple of month in advance of when you plan to meet up but I promise you from experience over here, if its organised properly, people will come.

Anyone who decides there is enough people about, wants to start planning these and they do it all properly on the forum , I am willing to help out on this side in any way that I can. I can easily set up new forums, send out emails to spread the word etc to ensure people know its happening.

So!! Could you be the first to organise the first big meet on the other side of the atlantic?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

come on guys!!! there are more and more members from the states joining all the time, i think we actually have a pretty large member base over there, they just havent added themselves to the map yet :lol:

Thats would be just great to have a meet in the US, as Marc said planning is the key to success, and the will to meet others that you have only talked to in text, I have met loads of members from all over the UK and had a lot of fun doing so, so come on get yourselfs a meet to remember :D :D :D :D

Still working on my first cup of coffee this morning. I think there may be something coming up, in or near Iowa, this summer. Need to get in touch with Ryn's mom and Shad's mom and Zoya's mom, you know, the CPOs (Chief Pack Officers). It would be great if we could get a Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois meet, open of course to anyone, even those of you in the UK.

Marc, can you send out an e-mail to those just in the US, to log in and make sure they are signed in on the member map? That would really help to centralize any meet locations.

I can help out with this depending on when it is, where it is, and of course how close to my due date it is. I know there was an event in October that Jennet was trying to get people to come to (I'd planned on it but it's waaaay too close to my due date for that much traveling and I am not birthing a baby on the side of the highway in the middle of lord only knows where because THAT is my luck). Getting people on board for signing up on the member map would be a huuuuge help, for picking a location...Also it's too late in the year to put one together for this summer, but if there are enough people interested I'd be willing to start putting together a MidWest USA Husky Owners camp for next summer. It could feasably be done this year, but I'm a stickler for details and I already have other commitments this summer.

My biggest questions thus far are:

1. Here in the states would it be easier to organize regional meets to start with?

2. Who would be interested in helping out/heading things up stateside?

3. Is there an actual interest in doing a husky camp stateside?

I've started a Husky meet up group at our dog park. Our 3rd or 4th one is coming up in 2 weeks. It also helps contact local Husky rescues to see if they can support you in helping bring Huskies together! The South Florida Husky rescue has picked up our group and have granted me access to posting our meetups on Meetup.com (which is otherwise a paid service) So far it looks like we're going to have at least 10 people show!

Also, craigslist is free advertising :)

I would be VERY interested in a Husky Camp meet up! I live in Central Illinois and would be willing to travel. I probably would have to wait until next year since I am starting a new job next week. I would also help out in any way if I can...

Jennet, depending on the time of year and how my house is running I could pick ya up and do the carpool thing with our monsters...

Only thing is I have a truck and not a van or the like

and woohoo that's 2 interested in doing a husky camp next year!!!!

If anyone is interested, on October 15 and 16 (Saturday and Sunday), the Siberian Club in Chicago is having a Specialty Show - which means a show just for (in this case) Siberians! It will be at the McHenry County Fairgrounds in Woodstock, Illinois. It's better to not bring dogs unless they're entered, as unentered dogs are really not supposed to be on the show grounds, but if dogs need to come along because of the length of the trip (or we plan to do something else for a time if a bunch were to go), and they could be left crated in your vehicle, as long as no problems arose, nothing would be said about it. There are always a lot of Siberians entered, lots of Siberian people there, and LOADS of cool husky/wolf related items to buy, plus usually a silent auction or something of the sort.

I don't know if I will be able to go, or not. It will depend on what's going on in my life at the time - job and finances-wise.

Marc, can you send out an e-mail to those just in the US, to log in and make sure they are signed in on the member map? That would really help to centralize any meet locations.

Cant send specifically to americans without recoding some of the email stuff, so just sent to everyone :) .. Always good to get people on the membermap in other places too.

There is also a Central Florida snowdog group. We have meet-ups in Orlando, Sanford, Deland, Winter Springs, and occasionally a few other parks. If you're in central fl, look us up on facebook: CFLSnowdogs! Attendance does drop in the summer, cause it's too hot. But the winter meet ups are really fun.

According to the members map, there's 3 members within an hour from me. Boo. But if anyone's up for an East Coast meet, I'm in! :lol:

Wow--I didn't know there were any members that close to me! You're only a few hours away. We just started taking our Sibe to puppy class, and we met another husky there. I need to tell him about this forum as well. Maybe we could get something together on the east coast!

There are only a few members in the New York City area here, but we have about a dozen regular Sibes at our local dogpark here on Staten Island. I think part of our "mission" should be to popularize the site in our areas and organize owners this way. Niko likes all dogs, but there is a special place in his heart for other Sibes!

We''ll start having "husky day" at the dogpark once a month and I'll post the dates here for anyone in the area who is interested.

Take care, Richard.

post-2418-13585964024565_thumb.jpg