Message from Sarah

Sarah

I have only ever been to 2 meets and I am lucky that we have a few people in my area and a dog park to go to. I desparately wanted to go to camp but cant due to money & distance.

But that has given me more incentive to save up and go to the next one :)

I have only met a few people on this forum but I still feel part of the family. I know some of the members well just through the threads & consider them as friends and only hope that i do get to meet them all one day xx

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH, there are ALWAYS gunna be 'groups'on any forum.

You get groups of people who know each other away from the forum, Diz, team Tef, Keith etc, who are all good friends, Me, Chez, Rose, Nay.

That definately doesnt mean that this place is clique, to me, when there are cliques, people follow their friends around and only post in their threads, gang up on certain members who they dont like and generally have no time for anyone who isnt in their little gang

that doesnt happen here, yes I am friends with some members away from the forum, but that doesnt mean that Im gunna only listen to them, and it doesnt mean i agree with them on anything, I meet up with Rob regularly at the park, but we sure as hell dont see eye to eye on some stuff.

To me, your just as important a member that any one of the guys who I know personally, so dont ever think otherwise. :)

All you people not in England save up get a flight and come on over, have a holiday. We have so many people here and i know all you'd need is your flight some one here will put you up, maybe more than one person so you get to move around and see more xxxxxxx

I was actually thinking of that a few days ago. But if I want to go for the cheap flights I have almost no choice in time and place. It's usually Stansted where I can go to. But WHAT IF I can come to a camp for a few days? Maybe I can bring my own little tent or someone can share it with me. Depending on the location, I can take the train or someone can give me a lift? My dad is really good with finding out these kinds of flights so if that IS possible, I'd really love to do that one day.

read understood and agree, if it wasnt for this place i wouldnt have made some awsome friends and had my concerns/problems solved or unsolved in one case lol as i think it was a new problem. i love this place and tell everyone i see with a husky about it even when im in work (if i could get away with wearing my hoodie in work i would!!!!). keep up the good work everyone xx

As above all post. Yayyyyeeee for HO

I to am along way from all the meets but love reading about them and looking at pics. If I do see a thread and don't like it then I just stop reading it.

If I read one that I think I can help then I comment. It wont put me off if someone disagrees with me as each dog is differant what works for one may not for another ect.

Who else will listen to my doggie tales most my family at home get fed up with me going on about my furbabies.

All i do ask if changies are made don't change the layout been here nearly a year and still finding my way round it......lol

Hope all that makes sence...hopefully you all getting used to my spelling mistakes and what I mean putting things into words is not something I am good at.

Loves you all and I have only meet a couple of you in person and that was only last week.

Signed Laura-Louise

Can i have my maltesers know....lol biggrin.gif

Sorry needed to add I am proud to wear my HO hoddie and have my bumper sticker stuck on my new car...lol

Jay, I'm sorry that you sometimes feel left out. It can be difficult, when we're so far from all that's going on in the UK. Love looking at all the pictures of their meets, though!

I guess that when I came on, I expected that especially because I had a litter of puppies coming, I would have to prove myself as someone who truly had the breed's best interest at heart - more than most! (That I care enough to make sure to do the appropriate health checks, breed only when I want a puppy, and try to better the breed, not just produce more puppies.) I am both humbled and honored at how well people on here have accepted me, even though we likely won't meet in person for a very long time, if ever.

I do hope that if any of you make a trip to the middle part of the USA, you try to make a stop here in Iowa, where I, for one, would be glad to have visitors! smile.gif

I was actually thinking of that a few days ago. But if I want to go for the cheap flights I have almost no choice in time and place. It's usually Stansted where I can go to. But WHAT IF I can come to a camp for a few days? Maybe I can bring my own little tent or someone can share it with me. Depending on the location, I can take the train or someone can give me a lift? My dad is really good with finding out these kinds of flights so if that IS possible, I'd really love to do that one day.

Get on that plane Jos!!! We'll sort you out this side :D

Get on that plane Jos!!! We'll sort you out this side :D

I'm fairly sure I'm going to! The only thing left is to get my free days on my job. Since I'm delivering post, there has to be someone else found who can walk my route. I'm going to call on Monday and HOPEFULLY I know it for sure on the same day.

Wow how awsome is this family that, given the money, we could just book a plane ticket, let the locals know we're coming and go on holiday!! :lol::D:)

Brillant! Well it might take me a while to save but I hope one day to get out to the States and Canada too so Gigi and Becky you can expect me when I have the cash!! ;)

I'll look forward to it - and I'm sure Becky will, too!

wow, i havent been on here in a while due to other stuff but reading these comments and seeing how people are willing to accomodate others from different countries just to go to meets or camps, now thats special stuff! Everyone is very trusting of each other on here and you wouldnt get that on ANY other forum. Yes there are groups of people who know each other outside the site but thats natural and they don't intentionally want to leave people out. I'm from NI and i dont get to the meets either for the reason that my circumstances wont allow it but im hoping in the future I may be able to come over and actually put faces to names because at the minute i can only recognise people by their huskies!!

Keep up the good work Sarah and the other admin staff that are involved, its you're great attitude that makes this forum a great one! (plus ive learned so much about looking after my girl! even when I thought i had it sussed!) :D xxx

• 4 weeks later...