Message from Sarah

Sarah

I know I'm really new, but I really love it here. This place is a credit to you, the people are polite and helpful and I've only ever seen 2 arguments in the whole time I've been here just over a month I think... I have been on other forums in the past, they have been really cliqy and arguments everywhere. This place isn't like that. I'm glad to be part of this forum and I thank you for making it.x

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah, you have my support. Your comments were very heartfelt.

Well spoken Sarah, One thing drives me crazy is when a small few try and change the rules, gezz if you dont want to follow them move on, I found this site just by looking around on the web, and I really enjoyed it till once I was told I shouldnt have got a husky because of some training problems, I was so upset that someone would say get a different dog, and was ready to just leave to never return, then I found more info on your site and now I have worked with Juno and she is doing great, I thought once I should find one that is over on this side of the pond, but I have too much fun reading the forums and looking at the pics, just wanted to put my 2 cents in LOL thanks again for a great web site!!!

well said sarah i have sen a bit ov whats happend and seen two sides at the story seeN people upset and unhappy all ov u i have never met and would like to meet but didnt like seein my friends upset cos ov a disagreement yes poeple have diffrent opionons and they should be heard as we say were one big family from overseas to here in the uk even if we never meet it will be like we live nextdoor we all have our dogs best interests at heart and ye i agree some changes to rehome should be made to even if its to make shaw the safety ov the dogs is priority maybe a rehome fee which could be paid to a charity of the said husky OWNERS choice or make it to the huskys owner forum for upkeep if rehome from here just a idea to stop freebie hunters i hate it. if they want to help a little donation wouldnt hurt they would have to pay a breeder much much more.

sarah u do a brilliant job u keep that chin up and u have a husky family who will support and help u with ideas if u want them i have never met u either but i thank u for this forum as most people do i didnt get it at first but now there is no stopping me i check it nearly everyday and have made some cool friends just wish i could find kennel mates damm lol but all u need to know is without u and the rest of the mods this site would be crap and a waste of time. everyone needs rules for a reson and if they cant stick to me get rid

I LOVE MY HUSKY FAMILY AND MY HUSKY FAMILY LOVE U AND WE ALL NEED TO GET ON IF WE DONT WE WONT GET ANYWERE SO COME ON PEOPLE OPIONIONS NOT ARGUMENTS

HUSKY HUGS AND WET NOSED KISSES TO SARAH AND THE REST OV THE MODS

AND

HUSKY HUGS AND WET NOSED KISSES TO MY HUSKY FAMILY FROM ALL OVER THE BIG BLOBY GLOBE XX

Can't say I dissagree with anything that's been said. In truth, the clique groups and sometimes regular heated discussions (that apparently more often than not cause more drama on facebook - which im thankful I don't see) are the primary reason that while I read these forums every day, I rarely contribute at the moment.

For those of us on the other end of the world, we don't really have the opportunity to meet up with other people from here and establish fantastic lifelong friendships, so what we read on here is it. When that turns uninviting, you start to drift off a bit.

Still, I'd like to thank Sarah for by and large, sticking to her original vision/intentions. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't have the happy, healthy, well adjusted pups that I am blessed to have.

Only one Gods gift here :D --------------------- Big D lol

I have only been on past week maybe for various reasons

Where ever you get big groups of people you will never keep every one happy an opinions will always clash thats the joy of forums opinions an points of views. Where it fails is people judging for not agreeing I like that not every one agrees with all of my opinions it does not make them wrong or me it just means what we have done works best for us an to see how others see or do things i try to incorprate in to how I do or see some things though at othe rtimes I will read some thing an think really are you sure what planet are you from.....But this is what should seperate us form the animals RESPECT if you dont like some thing try an be diploatic about it I know I am blunt on some things but with regards to personal situations if I dont agree I just shut up

Then there are times I just loves this place..(not as much as nix who should get charged rent for being on here more than the owners lol)

For Reason

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me--

People on here are doing so much for me with out any real reason and I do not even know some of you. It's amazing and I can't thank any f you enough

Animal cruelty--

- How many times have their been posts people have put up with sad stories of neglect and worse to animals an every one pulls together an expresses the same concerns an how upset they are from reading it.

Helping people in dire need of advice-

How many new members have joined over the time since I have been here and we all get the same old questions day in an day out we don't get bored of answering we do it because we all know at one time or another we were there as well so we can see how people progress an see things we did not think of our selfs.

We love our dogs-

Because they are our kids and extended family

Short list there but very valid basicly we are all here for the same reasons we aren't all going to get on it's a fact of life if you see something you don't like don't be an arse about it just focuse on why you are here an share the love of the breed :-D

Chin up Saz I know it must suck seeing it go down hill some times but with out these occasional lows the highs would never be as good as they are :) xx

Hi Sarah. There has been many times I've considered pulling the plug because of certain members. It really has been an eye opener for me regarding how nasty some can be. That's why we have rules about introducing yourself and using real names.. We've had all sorts of problem people over the years.

But I came to realise that a forum runs due to a core set of people. They are the good ones. Look after them and your forum will be fine. Remember the reasons why you started it in the first place and don't let others try and wreck it. They will try, but that core set of people will help get through it.

So chin up girl. No-one said it was easy, but it can be lots of fun biggrin.gif

For those of us on the other end of the world, we don't really have the opportunity to meet up with other people from here and establish fantastic lifelong friendships, so what we read on here is it. When that turns uninviting, you start to drift off a bit.

I've kept quiet, but this is a big issue. The cliques turn off other users. I'm from America, and since I'm not accepted into the cliques, my participation goes unnoticed. It greatly turns me off from the site, and ultimately is a big reason I'm likely leaving. There just is no incentive for me to be here. I'd just keep it to myself, but I feel that this is something the admins and users should be aware of, so they can improve for the future.

I've kept quiet, but this is a big issue. The cliques turn off other users. I'm from America, and since I'm not accepted into the cliques, my participation goes unnoticed. It greatly turns me off from the site, and ultimately is a big reason I'm likely leaving. There just is no incentive for me to be here. I'd just keep it to myself, but I feel that this is something the admins and users should be aware of, so they can improve for the future.

Jay, we try to discourage cliques as much as possible, the only other way I can think that makes you feel more of an outsider is the meets & camps that we are so blessed to be able to arrange. Yes, us UK members can & do get carried away with it & we sometimes forget in our excitement that a large proportion of the member base is not able to participate, but that is not to rub peoples' noses in it or exclude others, that is the furthest thing on most of our minds. And as for you going unnoticed, look at your rep, someone is obviously taking notice of your posts & values your contributions.

I hate to see cliques & I have felt like an outsider on other forums, it's not nice, but we as staff really try not to let it get that way & I would ask you to pm a member of staff if there is something you are not comfortable with or something that is making you feel the way you do. We can't please everybody all of the time, but we'll have a ruddy good go! :D

so why not arrange meets in your country with members thats all that has happened here in the UK.. there is no cliques and you say your not accepted into them ..

well i gotta ask what makes you think your not accepted.???

. i know the UK is small in compareson to the USA but i live pretty much the opposite end of it to most of the UK members so for me to join most of the meets its about 3 hours min driving but that doesn't make me feel like im not accepted into the as you put it clique..or little group..

you say your participation goes on noticed... well isnt that like starting out when you first leave school ..you have to join in . make friends etc... no one on this site and i mean no one has joined and instantly gained reputaion we all have started at the bottom and climbed up ..i know you cant join in the UK meets personally but nothing stops you from joining in via the forum..

i dont see that admin need to improve anything on this subject... as for users improving it ..well yeh join in the fun if not by being there then via the forum or arrange own meets.

america is such a big country it is not so easy to arrange meets.... welll sorry !!! but thats not the fault of any user, this forum, the admin and no one is being left out and not accepted..

that is just a fact of the way it is... !!!!

so why not arrange meets in your country with members thats all that has happened here in the UK.. there is no cliques and you say your not accepted into them ..

well i gotta ask what makes you think your not accepted.???

. i know the UK is small in compareson to the USA but i live pretty much the opposite end of it to most of the UK members so for me to join most of the meets its about 3 hours min driving but that doesn't make me feel like im not accepted into the as you put it clique..or little group..

I agree with JayT. I *used* to have the same feeling here. After a few weeks after I joined here I noticed everyone was talking about husky meets and camps. I got very exited because that is exactly what I would love to do. And than I found out all of them where in the UK. I looked at the map, and well, the closest husky owner (on this forum) is again in the UK. Don't get me wrong, it's great you can do this (and please keep doing it, I like the stories!) and I should've expected it since English is the main language here. But it DOES give you a bit of a feeling you are missing out a few things.

For that reason I decided to switch to a different forum a while ago. I joined a Dutch forum about huskies (which also has a bit less posts each day, making it easier to catch up) and looked if I could meet some of them. Well, so far there is one meeting planned, but that "idea" seemed to already be there two years ago. So far, there is still no date or location planned. And besides that, all they talk is about breeding huskies.

I just want to say that, even if I can't go to the meetings, I'm still happy to be here. This is a place where people actually talk about huskies and stuff. I've joined a lot of fora in the past but this one is by FAR the kindest I've ever found. Even if I don't post every day, I still read as much as possible. I like reading everyone's opinions, advices and of course all the stories of the meetings :)