Message from Sarah

Sarah

Following on from the thread no doubt you have all read with some sadness, I just want to clarify a few things. Now I don't often post things like this, so please appreciate what i am putting below is not being bossy or whatever, it's coming from my heart.

When I set this forum up in 2008, my sole intention was to have it as an extension of me. I wanted somewhere that would reflect how i feel about the breed and also how i am as a person. I think people that have joined here as a whole have taken that extension to themselves, 99.9% of the time people are polite, courteous and really helpful. The 0.01% of the time that something out of the ordinary happens and everyone sits up and thinks ohhhhh....people become upset etc and things get said in the heat of the moment. If you actually look around on the net, there are a lot more arguments etc than there are on here, to that i am extremely thankful!

I won't lie, there have been numerous times where I've felt so low about this place that I've taken some time out and I urge all members to do this. I've laughed and cried about this family and lately have been doing a lot more of the latter.

Attention seekers for want of a better word have become more apparent over the last few months and the board in general has become rather clicky. This not only isolates yourselves but others as well. I don't want people to ask me as I won't say my thoughts anymore on that, all i ask is that people think before they post - think to yourself - how would i feel if i was on the other end reading what i've just typed.

This place is not and will never be like any other forum on the internet.....I like being different and I think it makes us unique. Now, some people may say we're all soft or whatever, to be frank, that doesn't bother me. I'd rather be soft than harsh mean and nasty and I honestly believe that people take on board more when it is put to them in a nice manner rather than a nasty one.

People like to flaunt themselves about on here and make themselves out to be gods gift - no one on here, myself included is better than anyone else.

I would also like to point out that this forum has never and will never be a breeding forum. Hence why in the rules it states that no advertising of pets of any type will be allowed if money is exchanging hands. This isn't a debate as has happened before, it's something i strongly believe in. There will be some changes made soon with regards to sections of the forum - predominantly, the rehome section. As to what changes, they have yet to be decided - all staff are currently discussing things and when we've come to a conclusion i'll let you all know. In the meantime, if anyone wants to have any imput, as always please PM me, this isn't "my forum" it's "our forum".

To close......i'd just like to say to ALL members reading this - if you feel anything here has been directed at you personally, think about why you feel that way. I haven't typed out all this with anyone in mind at all, i've just sat and poured my thoughts out all over the keyboard and now i have a lot of cleaning up to do lol

If anyone wants to talk or has issues with another member or a thread or post - please feel free to PM me or find me on facebook. I will always look at things fairly openly and honestly

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*hugs* sarah - i for one agree 100% with what youve said above - and admit sometimes i have been abit harsh with people with regards to breeding ect and for that i appologise and like u said from now on , on those kinds of threads im going to double even triple read what ive typed BEFORE i click post - i love this forum as you all know and as you can all see - its like my second home youve all been there for me thru blazes aggression (hell you even helped me out when u visited!), skyla's chewing, bingo's barking and even family problems like my mums illness and dads bloody moaning!!! :rolleyes: lol and i hope this is the way the forum continues - the way its supposed to like one big HAPPY family

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sarah,

Thank you for your concerned words. I hope that my words could speak for most if not all on the forum when I say that I really love this forum that has developed from what you have done. When I decided to get another dog, I reached out for ANY place where I could feel at home with others who love the breed and to be quite honest know a lot more about it than I. Ive only been on this site a short time but in that time I have made new friends, learned countless things about my little pup and her breed, as well as really felt like I was a welcome part of this family. It feels like something out of a movie with all the positive things Ive had happen here in just a short time. Not to mention how many people who have been through what Im going through now have helped me to ease my rather concerned daddy instinct for my new baby husky.

Things do sometimes get heated online, but this forum has been one of the most amazing online experiences I have seen. I and Im sure many on this site know how much you care about it being a benefit to all and not just some clique, but I think we should all remember that these things do happen from time to time and we cant let the 0.01% get us down or deter us from what is truly important.

Sarah from the bottom of my heart, and my husky's heart I would like to thank you so much for this forum.

As my buddy from the USMC would say.... Drink up! Be Merry! PROST!

This forum has had a rough few days but I don't see this having a massive impact on the site as a whole, I hope any conclusions the staff come to do not drastically affect the forum in any way :(

Picking out a few things you mentioned - I do notice cliques every now and then, but I don't think that's a major issue here really. For example in the recent disagreement that has sparked all of this there were two fairly defined sides to the argument and neither side seemed like a clique. It was completely different people that probably don't even talk elsewhere but happened to be on the same side. I think that makes an argument stronger (I don't mean the 'aggressive' type of argument, more the two sided discussion type of argument!) as it shows a more general point of view rather than just looking like a clique ganging up on someone because of a difference in opinion.

I also don't think the forum suffers from people with massive egos too much either thankfully :) Again I have seen that sort of behaviour around but it's not something that as a newbie would shout at me "Get out of here!" because I'd never be seen as an equal etc, I just think as you said people need to think before they post and try to see how they come across to others.

I hate that the stress of running this forum upset you, and I really feel for all the staff lately. It can't be nice to have to deal with all the issues that sometimes arise because of all the different oppinions here, but at the same time I think that just goes to show the great diversity of people here which is something to be proud of. 99% of the people here are great members of this family and I - and I'm sure others will agree - am still proud to be a part of this forum. I view this little upset as a bump in the road - it won't spoil my enjoyment of this forum and when the dust settles and everyone can see clearly again I know everything will carry on as normal :)

This is (hopefully!!!) something you hear a lot from members, but you and everyone else have done such a fantastic job of not just creating but raising this forum to what it is today. It is a credit to you and people won't find better anywhere else ;) Well done for all your work, congratulations on such an incredible forum, and good luck running it for years and years and years and....:lol:

Very well said! I will, however, disagree with you on one point. This is YOUR forum, first and foremost! You very graciously allow us to share in it, but it is your baby, and we need to respect that! I feel as though I am a guest in your home - and I need to treat it as I would want my home to be treated, or even better! Thank you so much for sharing your passion and your dream with all of us! smile.gif

I agree read and understood. I love this site it helped me cope with the stress with my health atmo I come on here to keep me busy and to speak to the lovely people on it. I agree most of the arguement are in the rehoming section as we all know. I got jasper aka doof off this site and for tht I will always be greatful to you and mark who created this site. I love this site so much and made lots of friends. Xxxxxxxxxx

Well said Sarah and thank you for providing such a great place for us all to share our love of this amazing breed.

I will agree wholeheartedly with any decisions you Marc and the staff make as I'm sure they will be made in the best interest of the site and it's future.

I have to say, Sarah, that I believe you have succeeded in making this forum and extension and reflection of yourself. While I've not met you in person, I do believe that you are the same in person that you are here. I perceive you to be very tolerant and caring. I can't see you as being anything else.

Often times, when you put so much of yourself into something , it's very easy to take what goes on to heart. Please don't allow this to happen. A few bad posts/threads do not make this forum. It is the friendships, sharing and the dedicated work that you and the rest of this awesome bunch of husky fanatics have put into it.

Well put, Sarah :)

As for the rehome section... First off... I think it's great. I don't think it should be gotten rid of at all. A LOT of members (both new and old) have gotten their dogs from that section and provided them with good homes. I think the issue has a lot to do with these dogs being used to breed. A dog who is rescued (whether that be by private rehome or welfare/rescue association) should not be bred from, regardless. That dog has been taken in and given a second chance at life... which should not include breeding. I'm not sure what really can be done to prevent this as there are some families who just cannot afford to have the dog spayed/neutered before giving it up free to good home... Perhaps a H-O adoption contract? I'm not sure.

Sarah we all love this breed as much as you and your family and I think sometimes things are taken too far and well beyond the love of Huskies. At that point I think we all need to relax and realize that not everyone will do things that we agree with. Some things that people do are "wrong" but there's nothing we can do besides inform them of why this or that may not be the best decision and give them possible other solutions. But we have to understand that some people won't take the advice and they will do what they want. After all we are all humans with independent thoughts and actions. There's no reason for things to turn into a slagging match because if they won't listen to logic and reason, they won't listen to name calling and rudeness.

I really hope things can get back on track and everyone can relax and be a good H-O family again. Really. I love you guys.

I am SO with you on this, Saz, as you know, during my recent dark days, this place held a focus for me & helped me through it. I thought I was over the worst, but when I see petty arguing at what seems to be for the sake of it, AND it gets personal, I hurts me - if it does that to me as a member, I cannot begin to imagine what it does to you, the creator. Let's hope everyone takes heed of your words & we can leave all the cr4p in the past & return to the fun, friendly place we have all got to know & love.

I can't say much more right now, but I sincerely hope people take this on board :(

read and understood hun

Im sorry for any troubles i have caused over the last couple of days, i tend to type before i think when it comes to some subjects and I know I need to start reading things before hitting the submit button (Gigi gave me some great advice via pm the other day regarding my temper lol)

Again I'm sorry, I love this place and would hate to loose it, I've made some great friends and my dogs have had a better life because of this place and its members (remember my 1st post all about wanting to breed Kira!?!?!?) My only wish is that I had joined this place earlier, rather than when Kira was 7 months.

I enjoy this forum. Obviously people are always going to have different opinions to each other and when the written word is read, it can often be misinterpreted by people . Happens a lot in e-mails at work, we have to read replies from one lady before she fires off her reply - sometimes that is the answer - just re read what you want to say before replying.

Read and understood.

I only joined via an invite and my first impression was a caring community and I hope this community does continue to care instead of the mindless disputes, the whole point of this I think is the fact that this is an owners site for people who wish to contribute and give / receive advice, if you want to discuss breeding, or dog sales in any way then use the appropriate sites, there are many out there and easy to find, keep this a place for those who can and will contribute to each other, I know I'm new here, but I am an experienced and responsible owner and I really hope this does not ruin the site as a whole.

Hugs to you Sarah :)

If it wasn't for Maia, then being ambushed by Steve in the street :P & invited to join this fantastic forum I wouldn't have met sooooooo many wonderful beautiful people. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for creating this forum & I hope it never causes you upset again :( xxx

Well said. Personally I don't understand why the past few days has caused such a whiplash on the forum.

Maybe it was better that I was Too occupied with my head to understand lol.

Smiles and malteasers everyone xx

Stacey xxx

smiles and Malteasers sound PERFECT. And I hope everyone can be friends again. I actually have no idea what post it was that ruffled everyones feathers but I really hope nothing changes, I don't usually get so into forums etc. I usually get bored in a week but this place is amazing, and it really is a credit to sarah, Marc, Dunc and the others who work together to run this place.

Who else will listen to me babble on about my furbabies!? Everybody else in my life tolerates me talking on an on about my Huskies where as you guys embrace it, and your all like me. Until This last month I never felt like I fitted in anywhere until I found this place you guys. <3

Hugs to you Sarah :)

If it wasn't for Maia, then being ambushed by Steve in the street :P & invited to join this fantastic forum I wouldn't have met sooooooo many wonderful beautiful people. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for creating this forum & I hope it never causes you upset again :( xxx

:o sorry, I will try & train him better!! :lol: