Kat

Saturday evening, I lost Kat.....not sure what actually happened except that he'd gotten himself locked in a closet under our basement steps for a couple hours maximum. Noticed that he wasn't around upstairs and went searching for him. Found him in the closet, by the door, already passed. I don't know what happened.....as many of you know, he went to the vet every three weeks for a depo shot and antibiotics for his mouth. We had finally gotten him to the point where he was well enough NOT to have to go quite so often. In fact he hadn't been there for six weeks - he was doing that well.

Today I'm taking his remains to the vet for cremation....

He did the silliest things like going to the basement and meowing at the top of his lungs, just to hear himself meow and would sit on my or hubby's lap each night and pat our cheeks to have his belly rubbed.

Bless his little heart......I will miss him so. RIP little buddy.

gallery_54_1027_643053.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss. If the basement was one of her favorite spots, she may have known it was time and wanted to be in her favorite spot. I can't even imagine the emotional turmoil. I've always had to make the choice for my pets and it's agonizing not to allow them to suffer. Pets leave a footprint on your heart always...RIP

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It was a difficult weekend, to say the least.

Kat was nine or ten, and would make me smile so often with his antics. He had quite the personality. He used to sit on the arm of my chair and glare down the dogs or would often sit on the counter or his perch and wait for the dogs to pass by - it was then that he'd stretch out a paw and pat them on the head, just to get them to chase him a bit. When he'd do that, I'd often tell him that though in his heart he was a 400 pound tiger, he was, in fact, a nine pound kitty.....

I like to think that if there's such a thing as re-incarnation, he'll come back as that 400 pound tiger, roaming free somewhere in on the plains of southeast Asia.

Beck, Kat was one of the coolest cats I've met! He reminds me of Ty - both of them on a personality level (feline style) with Bo and Shad! I will miss him, too! When I've been at your house, I love to see Ryn, but the highlight has always been talking with Kat. He so obviously understood so much of what was being said, he loved the attention, and he was so very gentle in responding. Truly a special guy! I'll miss him too! Hugs from me - and from Shad!